Clint Sharp

Default Whirlpool Washing machine no spin

Well, sounds silly, but it seems not to want to spin, it performs all
other functions perfectly well with a small load, it just won't spin at
the end of the program. Is there a 'load sensor' on these? It spins
perfectly well with a larger load. Of course, my SO insists it always
worked before with a small load and we need a new machine...

--
Clint Sharp
Brian Reay

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
news
Well, sounds silly, but it seems not to want to spin, it performs all
other functions perfectly well with a small load, it just won't spin at
the end of the program. Is there a 'load sensor' on these? It spins
perfectly well with a larger load. Of course, my SO insists it always
worked before with a small load and we need a new machine...

Always worth checking that the drain system and water level sensor are clear
when a machine doesn't spin. I can't see a mechanisn why, if one of these
is blocked, it will spin on a full load but blockages in these areas seem
common.

Clear the various pipes to the outlet hose and the hose itself. The level
sensor is usually a disk like object- about 60mm in diameter and 20 mm
thick- with a thin pipe to the drain system and a couple of wires.

Look for a grey chalk like sludge.

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk

Lee

Clint Sharp wrote:
Well, sounds silly, but it seems not to want to spin, it performs all
other functions perfectly well with a small load, it just won't spin at
the end of the program. Is there a 'load sensor' on these? It spins
perfectly well with a larger load. Of course, my SO insists it always
worked before with a small load and we need a new machine...

Does it not move at all, or just rotate slowly?

Had both faults on our Whirlpool machine, first was caused by the level
sensor already mentioned and the second was a cracked solder joint on
the motor controller board.
Easily fixed though

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Clint Sharp

In message , Lee
writes
Clint Sharp wrote:
Well, sounds silly, but it seems not to want to spin, it performs all
other functions perfectly well with a small load, it just won't spin
at the end of the program. Is there a 'load sensor' on these? It
spins perfectly well with a larger load. Of course, my SO insists it
always worked before with a small load and we need a new machine...

Does it not move at all, or just rotate slowly?

Rotates slowly, quite odd really, if I load it with one particular
towel, it won't spin, if I add another towel it spins merrily

Had both faults on our Whirlpool machine, first was caused by the level
sensor already mentioned and the second was a cracked solder joint on
the motor controller board.
Easily fixed though

Will check out the motor controller tomorrow, thanks. I'll let you know
how I get on.

Lee

BTW, the pump spins and drains the machine, I clean the trap every six
months or so, hateful job but usually worth it for the small change.
--
Clint Sharp