Kerry Hoskin

Default walking washing machine

Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its
walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my
cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to be laid and I'll get
the builders to slate under the washing machine, which will hopefully calm
things down, but in the mean time I need to stop the bloody thing from
moving out of the room! The washing machine is a 1600 spin and when its
spinning it moves a fair old bit. I have put 18mm of chipboard under it but
this doesn't seem to have helped much, apart from putting in a bigger bit of
board and screwing it into some joists has anyone got any other ideas?

Kerry

BIGEYE

I had the same problem with a friends washing machine. I opened up the top
cover and found that the people that installed it had left a transit bracket
still fitted.
I removed the bracket and had no more trouble.

"Kerry Hoskin" wrote in message
Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its
walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my
cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to be laid and I'll get
the builders to slate under the washing machine, which will hopefully calm
things down, but in the mean time I need to stop the bloody thing from
moving out of the room! The washing machine is a 1600 spin and when its
spinning it moves a fair old bit. I have put 18mm of chipboard under it

but
this doesn't seem to have helped much, apart from putting in a bigger bit

of
board and screwing it into some joists has anyone got any other ideas?

Kerry

John

Is the weight being equally taken by all 4 feet? Can you rock it yourself.
At least one front foot will be adjustable.
Take advice about transit bracket first.

--

Regards

John

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
[...]

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

N. Thornton

"Kerry Hoskin" wrote in message ...
Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its
walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my
cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to be laid and I'll get
the builders to slate under the washing machine, which will hopefully calm
things down, but in the mean time I need to stop the bloody thing from
moving out of the room! The washing machine is a 1600 spin and when its
spinning it moves a fair old bit. I have put 18mm of chipboard under it but
this doesn't seem to have helped much, apart from putting in a bigger bit of
board and screwing it into some joists has anyone got any other ideas?

Kerry

exactly why top spin speed machines arent popular, its difficult to
stop them going walkies.

One option is to tie the machine in place with nylon rope: the rope's
give allows it to vibrate but not walk. OK if you can get behind the
machine when its in place. Means sinking some hooks into something
solid too. Only tie to the base of the machine, not higher up.

Another is just to reduce the max speed it does. Etc etc - none of
them are ideal, but usable.

Regards, NT
Christian McArdle

Strange -- the 1400 RPM on my old Hotpoint is probably the most
stable spin speed, as it's well above the resonant frequency of
the case and framework.

My 1600 spin integrated (currently being used as freestanding) is the most
stable I've ever used. Hardly shakes at all.

Christian.

In article , Kerry Hoskin
writes
Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its
walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my
cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to be laid and I'll get
the builders to slate under the washing machine, which will hopefully calm
things down, but in the mean time I need to stop the bloody thing from
moving out of the room! The washing machine is a 1600 spin and when its
spinning it moves a fair old bit. I have put 18mm of chipboard under it but
this doesn't seem to have helped much, apart from putting in a bigger bit of
board and screwing it into some joists has anyone got any other ideas?

Kerry

Fit Tico (tm) pads underneath. See RS components website for data.
Also if noise is a problem try Sheffield insulations for solutions.

Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.
Paul Boakes

Z wrote:

In article , Kerry Hoskin
writes

Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and
its walking!

Fit Tico (tm) pads underneath. See RS components website for data.
Also if noise is a problem try Sheffield insulations for solutions.

Didn't see the original article... This might be asking the obvious, but
as the OP said it's a *new* washing machine, have the shipping/transit
bolts been removed from it?

Regards
Paul

The Natural Philosopher

Z wrote:

In article , Kerry Hoskin
writes

[...]

Fit a long extesnion cable to it, and a lead for the dog, and stop
worrying and let them both trot down the garden.

Richard Faulkner

In message , Kerry Hoskin
writes
Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its
walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my
cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to be laid and I'll get
the builders to slate under the washing machine, which will hopefully calm
things down, but in the mean time I need to stop the bloody thing from
moving out of the room! The washing machine is a 1600 spin and when its
spinning it moves a fair old bit. I have put 18mm of chipboard under it but
this doesn't seem to have helped much, apart from putting in a bigger bit of
board and screwing it into some joists has anyone got any other ideas?

Kerry

Kerry - what make is it - I have had 2 Hotpoints shaking my house, (7
flats), to bits for a year. I've just bought a Hoover, which doesnt
shake the house at all.

My other half has a Hotpoint on a concrete floor, and it shakes like
mad.

--
Richard Faulkner
Faulkner & Faulkner