Clint Sharp

In message , Lee
writes
Clint Sharp wrote:
Well, sounds silly, but it seems not to want to spin, it performs all
other functions perfectly well with a small load, it just won't spin
at the end of the program. Is there a 'load sensor' on these? It
spins perfectly well with a larger load. Of course, my SO insists it
always worked before with a small load and we need a new machine...

Does it not move at all, or just rotate slowly?

Rotates slowly, quite odd really, if I load it with one particular
towel, it won't spin, if I add another towel it spins merrily

Had both faults on our Whirlpool machine, first was caused by the level
sensor already mentioned and the second was a cracked solder joint on
the motor controller board.
Easily fixed though

Will check out the motor controller tomorrow, thanks. I'll let you know
how I get on.

Lee

BTW, the pump spins and drains the machine, I clean the trap every six
months or so, hateful job but usually worth it for the small change.
--
Clint Sharp