Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Liz

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

This may be a bit of a pipe dream but not far from where I live there is a
run down old house in the middle of the field. The roof sags a bit and
there are no windows, but the location is wonderful with even better views
than my present house if that's possible. Leaving aside the fact that I
have no idea who owns it, - what things would I need to take into
consideration when trying to make it habitable? And what sort of
costs/timescales would I be thinking of - principles rather than actual
costs. At the moment it's a one up one down with attached barn - standard
peak district stuff. How would access be agreed with any neighbours whose
land would need to be crossed?

Has anyone else done such a thing? I'm sure lots of you have.

Ideas for reference materials, websites, magazines, - anything please.

Many thanks

Liz

---