IMM

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

snip review of K Cahill book

Ok, I get that bit - I have to say, I don't have any deep
feelings on the subject - but I get it anyway.

You should do as we are all, including you, are being shafted.

What I don't get is how the restrictive planning laws we were
discussing earlier fit into the picture.

They (1947 T&C planning act) were put together by the Council for the
Protection of Rural England. A group of people who are large landowners,
founded by large landowners. Their recommendations were foolishly accepted
by a "Labour" government. And a "Labour" government has just passed a law
to built to an even higher density making matters even worse.

The planning laws keep towns people out of the countryside, where the large
landowners for centuries have generated vast amounts wealth to the detriment
of the masses.

---