Jonty G

Default Electrical Periodic Inspection Reports

Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty
Colin Wilson

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
=A3100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

You`ll probably find it`s LEBs meter fixers who do the work regardless of=
=20
who the supplier is, so will probably still require one prior to=20
reconnection.

You could always try asking them to connect to an isolator switch only,=20
and as soon as they go, hit the switch !

--=20
BigWallop

"Jonty G" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

On most long term unoccupied property the leccy supplier likes to test
before they begin a new supply contract. It is just to cover their own
backs in case the property has been robbed of parts, like copper wiring,
brass fittings and things, and to see if it needs a new meter.

---

Stephen Dawson

"BigWallop" wrote in message
.uk...

"Jonty G" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

On most long term unoccupied property the leccy supplier likes to test
before they begin a new supply contract. It is just to cover their own
backs in case the property has been robbed of parts, like copper wiring,
brass fittings and things, and to see if it needs a new meter.

---

And how does a PIR determine that you need a new meter??

Home Inspection Careers A-Pro Home Inspection Home Repair 1 November 26th 04 11:49 AM
Home Inspection Listings Patrick Glenn Home Repair 0 April 25th 04 09:05 PM
Electrical inspector makes up new rules during inspection zxcvbob Home Repair 22 March 12th 04 04:54 PM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P) Andrew McKay UK diy 42 July 30th 03 08:05 AM