DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electrical Periodic Inspection Reports (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/80113-electrical-periodic-inspection-reports.html)

Jonty G December 3rd 04 07:00 PM

Electrical Periodic Inspection Reports

Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

Colin Wilson December 3rd 04 07:11 PM

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
=A3100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

You`ll probably find it`s LEBs meter fixers who do the work regardless of=
=20
who the supplier is, so will probably still require one prior to=20
reconnection.

You could always try asking them to connect to an isolator switch only,=20
and as soon as they go, hit the switch !

--=20

BigWallop December 4th 04 01:48 AM

"Jonty G" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

On most long term unoccupied property the leccy supplier likes to test
before they begin a new supply contract. It is just to cover their own
backs in case the property has been robbed of parts, like copper wiring,
brass fittings and things, and to see if it needs a new meter.

---

Stephen Dawson December 4th 04 08:32 AM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
.uk...

"Jonty G" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

On most long term unoccupied property the leccy supplier likes to test
before they begin a new supply contract. It is just to cover their own
backs in case the property has been robbed of parts, like copper wiring,
brass fittings and things, and to see if it needs a new meter.

---

And how does a PIR determine that you need a new meter??

bob December 4th 04 08:49 PM

(Jonty G) wrote in message . com...
Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

You could move in, spend thousands on decorating, then find you have
faulty electrics, Have to redecorate, or maybe have the house burn
down.
At .0001% of what the Estate Agent will get for doing SodAll. £100 to
get a professional report on your "investment" is good value.
I charge £100 per room for London, and get it.

ARWadsworth December 31st 04 05:15 AM

"bob" wrote in message
m...
(Jonty G) wrote in message

. com...
Hi

I'm buying a house in London that's been unoccupied for over a year.
I've been told by London Electricity that I'll need a Periodic
Inspection Report before they reconnect the power. This will cost over
£100... do all the electric companies require this as I'm thinking of
changing to Powergen in any case?

Thanks
Jonty

You could move in, spend thousands on decorating, then find you have
faulty electrics, Have to redecorate, or maybe have the house burn
down.
At .0001% of what the Estate Agent will get for doing SodAll. £100 to
get a professional report on your "investment" is good value.
I charge £100 per room for London, and get it.

More important is the fact that you cannot do a test without power. Someone
is taking the urine.

Adam