T i m

Default Noisy wife ..

Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Any tribologists out there?

All the best ..

T i m
geoff

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Have you thought of sticking her out in the garden?

--
geoff
Andrew Mawson

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Any tribologists out there?

All the best ..

T i m

Ah but Tim, just think what the neighbours think you are up to for hours
with that rhythmic squeak - curing it will hit your street cred hard!

Andrew

T i m

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:28:32 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

Have you thought of sticking her out in the garden?

[T] Tried that but the neighbours complained!

Cheers ;-)

T i m

T i m

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:38:52 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

Ah but Tim, just think what the neighbours think you are up to for hours
with that rhythmic squeak -

Hmmm, good point ... she's up to 10 miles at 14mph at the moment ...
43 mins worth of squeeking .. I wish!

curing it will hit your street cred hard!

Nice to think I had some street cred left Andrew! (assuming I had any
in the first place).

All the best ..

T i m

Jim

TRY A BAR OF HAND SOAP RUBBED ON THE EDGE OF THE BELT THAT TOUCHES. USED TO
WORK WELL ON THE OLD CAR FANBELTS.

MrCheerful

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Any tribologists out there?

All the best ..

T i m

you can buy special belt spray from a car shop, that should stop the noise.

T i m

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:11:21 +0000 (UTC), "Jim"
(remove $ ) wrote:

TRY A BAR OF HAND SOAP RUBBED ON THE EDGE OF THE BELT THAT TOUCHES. USED TO
WORK WELL ON THE OLD CAR FANBELTS.

Hi Jim,

That sounds a goodun .. I wanted to make sure I didn't affect the
plastics or belt etc so soap should be pretty safe shouldn't it?

I suprised they used that trick on fanbelts though (if we are talking
about std 'V' belts here) as I thought they worked via friction on the
sides and the soap might make them slip (wouldn't it?).

All the best ..

T i m

T i m

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:15:47 GMT, "MrCheerful"
wrote:

you can buy special belt spray from a car shop, that should stop the noise.

Ok, thanks for that .. I'll have a nose in my car spares place
tomorrow (need to pop in for a couple of rose joints anyway) and if
they have some, see what it says on the can regarding plastics etc ..

All the best ..

T i m

Lurch

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:11:21 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Jim"
(remove $ ) strung together this:

TRY A BAR OF HAND SOAP RUBBED ON THE EDGE OF THE BELT THAT TOUCHES. USED TO
WORK WELL ON THE OLD CAR FANBELTS.

No need to shout! Please write in lowercase, with capitals at the
beginning of sentences etc...
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

John Rumm

T i m wrote:

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

If the traction of the belt is acheived with the teeth (rather than just
friction) you may be able to get away with a little silicone grease.
(Only make sure it is silicone as normal grease will cause your rubber
to perish - and you won't be getting much squeeking after that!)

The sheds will most likely have some, if not a plumbers merchant will -
it's is used on the O rings of push fit waste fittings to make assembly
easy. CPC also do it in handy tubes:-

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...ct%5Fid=265767
or
http://tinyurl.com/3x4z8

--
Cheers,

John.

Richard Sterry

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Any tribologists out there?

I had to look that up in the dictionary! :-)

If it's the pulley teeth that are squeaking on the belt (and vice versa)
then painting on some light silicone grease (NOT ordinary mechnical
lubricant grease) sparingly can be very effective - I use this for squeaky
toothed belts on blood sample tube sorting robots in hospital labs. They
move pretty fast, and go all day, unlike your wife's exercise bike. See
http://www.olympus.co.uk/diagnostica...htm?id=ola2500 .

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease, or if the noise is
caused by the sides of the belt rubbing against the guides etc., try some
spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion. It can be very effective, and
I've used that on the robots as well, but I don't know how long it would be
before the effect wore off. Rather than using polish, a 'dry' silicone
lubricant spray might be better still - my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Good luck.

Rick

T i m

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:14:38 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Any tribologists out there?

I had to look that up in the dictionary! :-)

Bless ;-) I onky know it becasue my mate suudidied 'tribology' at
college ;-)

If it's the pulley teeth that are squeaking on the belt (and vice versa)
then painting on some light silicone grease (NOT ordinary mechnical
lubricant grease) sparingly can be very effective - I use this for squeaky
toothed belts on blood sample tube sorting robots in hospital labs. They
move pretty fast, and go all day, unlike your wife's exercise bike.

See
http://www.olympus.co.uk/diagnostica...htm?id=ola2500 .

Nice bit of kit Rick ... I wonder what the 10 lab technicians are
doing that it replaced .. ;-(

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease,

I think I do .. 'Rocol MX22' ?

or if the noise is
caused by the sides of the belt rubbing against the guides etc.,

Which I believe it is .. I think the last time I played in there I
think the nose could be supressed when the belt / pulley was eased to
one side.

try some
spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion.

Oh, ok does that use silicone then?

It can be very effective, and
I've used that on the robots as well, but I don't know how long it would be
before the effect wore off. Rather than using polish, a 'dry' silicone
lubricant spray might be better still - my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

We have a local knitting / sewing machine shop .. I might see what
they have to offer ;-)

Good luck.

Thanks Rick .. I'll report back to the list my findings .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m
Richard Sterry

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:14:38 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
See
http://www.olympus.co.uk/diagnostica...htm?id=ola2500 .

Nice bit of kit Rick ... I wonder what the 10 lab technicians are
doing that it replaced .. ;-(

Fair point, but I have to turn that on its head, and say the kit is popular
because of problems with staff recruitment of new staff in NHS labs. Believe
me, far from being hostile towards such automation, the technicians (well,
actually they are Medical Laboratory Scientists - many are graduates)
absolutely love it. They are freed from many mind-numbingly tedious tasks,
real drudgery, and can concentrate on using their knowledge and skills to do
the real job where a brain is required. Try decapping and sorting 7,000
blood tubes a day, and then archiving them afterwards for cold storage, and
you'd see my point!

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease,

I think I do .. 'Rocol MX22' ?

Yes, might be worth a try, but do apply sparingly with a small paint brush
(eg 1/2"). The idea is to make the surface appear shiny, not actually
blathered in obvious lumps of grease.

try some spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion.

Oh, ok does that use silicone then?

It certainly does.

Thanks Rick .. I'll report back to the list my findings .. ;-)

Good luck. May the squeak not be with you.

Rick

T i m

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:47:47 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:14:38 , "Richard Sterry"
See
http://www.olympus.co.uk/diagnostica...htm?id=ola2500 .

Nice bit of kit Rick ... I wonder what the 10 lab technicians are
doing that it replaced .. ;-(

Fair point, but I have to turn that on its head, and say the kit is popular
because of problems with staff recruitment of new staff in NHS labs. Believe
me, far from being hostile towards such automation, the technicians (well,
actually they are Medical Laboratory Scientists - many are graduates)
absolutely love it.

Fair enough ;-)

They are freed from many mind-numbingly tedious tasks,
real drudgery, and can concentrate on using their knowledge and skills to do
the real job where a brain is required. Try decapping and sorting 7,000
blood tubes a day, and then archiving them afterwards for cold storage, and
you'd see my point!

I bet .. point noted ..however .. near me there used to be a salad
packing plant. It employed some imigrant workers and local folk who
probably couldn't (or didn't want to) get better jobs elsewhere. I
would put that sort of task at the same level (of 'involvement') as
your blood test one. Then they brought out the minimum wage and quite
a few lost their (mind numbing) jobs. Ask *them* if they were happy
with such employment 'progress'? It could be a bit different if there
is a genuine shortage of workers .. plus the human error issues etc
...?

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease,

I think I do .. 'Rocol MX22' ?

Yes, might be worth a try, but do apply sparingly with a small paint brush
(eg 1/2"). The idea is to make the surface appear shiny, not actually
blathered in obvious lumps of grease.

Gotcha ..

try some spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion.

Oh, ok does that use silicone then?

It certainly does.

Ta ;-) (I don't *do* polishing ..furniture / cars or otherwise) ;-)

Thanks Rick .. I'll report back to the list my findings .. ;-)

Good luck. May the squeak not be with you.

Please!

All the best .. and thanks again ..

T i m

Richard Sterry

T i m wrote:
They are freed from many mind-numbingly tedious tasks,
real drudgery, and can concentrate on using their knowledge and skills
to do the real job where a brain is required. Try decapping and sorting
7,000 blood tubes a day, and then archiving them afterwards for cold
storage, and you'd see my point!

I bet .. point noted ..however .. near me there used to be a salad
packing plant. It employed some imigrant workers and local folk who
probably couldn't (or didn't want to) get better jobs elsewhere. I
would put that sort of task at the same level (of 'involvement') as
your blood test one. Then they brought out the minimum wage and quite
a few lost their (mind numbing) jobs. Ask *them* if they were happy
with such employment 'progress'? It could be a bit different if there
is a genuine shortage of workers .. plus the human error issues etc
..?

Unfortunately, a certain level of training and intelligence is required for
work in these laboratories, and recruitment is a genuine problem. If it were
not, then we would not be having this discussion. All this has nothing to do
with the price of silicone grease, and it was not my intention to champion
the cause of laboratory automation (well, not here anyway)! :-)

Ta ;-) (I don't *do* polishing ..furniture / cars or otherwise) ;-)

Me neither - I reserve the Mister Sheen for cleaning helmet visors,
lubricating squeaky belts, sticky loft ladders and curtain rails. :-)

Rick

T i m

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 13:41:08 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
wrote:

Unfortunately, a certain level of training and intelligence is required for
work in these laboratories, and recruitment is a genuine problem. If it were
not, then we would not be having this discussion.

I'd like to think it was as simple as that .. but as you say .. for
another day / place maybe ;-)

Ta ;-) (I don't *do* polishing ..furniture / cars or otherwise) ;-)

Me neither - I reserve the Mister Sheen for cleaning helmet visors,
lubricating squeaky belts, sticky loft ladders and curtain rails. :-)

So what *is* Mr Sheen then .. *just* silicone ..? (ie, there isn't a
better raw supply of whatever-it-is at the price .. are there any
other ingredients that may have an adverse affect on some materials
... like a perfume for example?)

I use Bob Heah visor cleaner and just soapy water on the cash helmet
;-)

All the best ..

T i m (R100RT (family holiday / touring and towing camping trailer),
CB "Two Fifty" (local runabout), MZ ETZ 125 & 250 .. 'projects ..')

Richard Sterry

wrote:

Ta ;-) (I don't *do* polishing ..furniture / cars or otherwise) ;-)

Me neither - I reserve the Mister Sheen for cleaning helmet visors,
lubricating squeaky belts, sticky loft ladders and curtain rails. :-)

So what *is* Mr Sheen then .. *just* silicone ..? (ie, there isn't a
better raw supply of whatever-it-is at the price .. are there any
other ingredients that may have an adverse affect on some materials
.. like a perfume for example?)

I use Bob Heah visor cleaner and just soapy water on the cash helmet
;-)

Mister Sheen must contain a whole variety of substances, including
detergents and heaven knows what else. As for Silicone itself, one
definition I found is:

"Any of a variety of polymeric organic silicon compounds. Siloxane polymers
consisting of alternate silicon and oxygen atoms with various organic
radicals attached to the silicon."

Yes, as I said earlier, you can get Silicone sprays which are more geared(!)
towards stopping squeaks, rather than cleaning your furniture. A quick
Google search for "silicone belt spray" will pull up some examples. You
might even find something in your local car accessory store or machine tool
suppliers. Halfords do a plastic/rubber lubricant spray, (in yellow cans
matching the ones containing spray oil), which I used for the toothed drive
belt on my garage door mechanism. The jury is still out as to its
effectiveness.

Let us know how you go on.

Rick (F650GS / R1150GS)

Mary Fisher

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message

- my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Your wife rode a knitting machine?

Mary

Good luck.

Rick

Richard Sterry

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Richard Sterry" wrote in message

- my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Your wife rode a knitting machine?

Um, no. Well, not when I was around anyway. In fact, thinking back, she
didn't much else with either, least of all knit! ;-)

Rick

Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Richard Sterry" wrote in message

- my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Your wife rode a knitting machine?

Um, no. Well, not when I was around anyway. In fact, thinking back, she
didn't much else with either, least of all knit! ;-)

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

Mary

Rick

Richard Sterry

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Richard Sterry" wrote in message

- my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Your wife rode a knitting machine?

Um, no. Well, not when I was around anyway. In fact, thinking back, she
didn't much else with either, least of all knit! ;-)

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

The Silicone spray came with the machine. I dunno if it was ever actually
used to lubricate the machine, but I kept nicking it to lubricate squeaky
drive belts!

Rick

derek

wrote:

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease, or if the noise is
caused by the sides of the belt rubbing against the guides etc., try some
spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion. It can be very effective, and
I've used that on the robots as well, but I don't know how long it would be
before the effect wore off. Rather than using polish, a 'dry' silicone
lubricant spray might be better still - my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Good luck.

Sooner than use any liquid or Si grease I'd try a lock lubricant
first. A dry PTFE powder in a puffer pack. If talcum powder works a
bit then this should work better, available in B&Q AFAIK..

DG
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Richard Sterry" wrote in message

- my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Your wife rode a knitting machine?

Um, no. Well, not when I was around anyway. In fact, thinking back, she
didn't much else with either, least of all knit! ;-)

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

The Silicone spray came with the machine. I dunno if it was ever actually
used to lubricate the machine,

Ah - I really must read the question properly (as my teachers used to say
.... )

Mary

Andy Hall

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:48:40 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

The Silicone spray came with the machine. I dunno if it was ever actually
used to lubricate the machine,

Ah - I really must read the question properly (as my teachers used to say
... )

Mary

This could have gone downhill very fast.....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

T i m

wrote:

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

The Silicone spray came with the machine. I dunno if it was ever actually
used to lubricate the machine,

Ah - I really must read the question properly (as my teachers used to say
... )

Mary

This could have gone downhill very fast.....

And started by Mary 'again' .. ;-)

T i m

T i m

wrote:

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease, or if the noise is
caused by the sides of the belt rubbing against the guides etc., try some
spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion. It can be very effective, and
I've used that on the robots as well, but I don't know how long it would be
before the effect wore off. Rather than using polish, a 'dry' silicone
lubricant spray might be better still - my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Good luck.

Sooner than use any liquid or Si grease I'd try a lock lubricant
first. A dry PTFE powder in a puffer pack. If talcum powder works a
bit then this should work better, available in B&Q AFAIK..

Ok, another good suggestion and probably easier to remove than a
grease if it causes any 'problems' ;-)

I'm due to go to B&Q soon ..

All the best ..

T i m
Suz

wrote:

T i m wrote:
[...]

Ca la vie. They will be redeployed in the silcone spray can factory packing
boxes.

Richard Sterry

Jim wrote:
TRY A BAR OF HAND SOAP RUBBED ON THE EDGE OF THE BELT THAT TOUCHES. USED
TO WORK WELL ON THE OLD CAR FANBELTS.

Ouch, that hurt my ears. ;-)

It reminds me that another way of curing squeaks might be to rub ordinary
candle wax on the offending edges.

I reckon there's enough suggstions to keep T i m de-squeaking for weeks!

Rick

PoP

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:04:18 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
wrote:

I reckon there's enough suggstions to keep T i m de-squeaking for weeks!

It's the way he walks. Allegedly

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....

Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:44:48 +0100, derek
wrote:

I'm due to go to B&Q soon ..

You have to book these days?

Mary

All the best ..

T i m

Andy Hall

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:13:05 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:44:48 +0100, derek
wrote:

I'm due to go to B&Q soon ..

You have to book these days?

Mary

If you want to pay, return anything or get round the store without
falling over uncontrolled small children...

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
T i m

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:48:40 , "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

Mary

Tablets run out again Mary? ;-)

T i m
T i m

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:13:05 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:44:48 , derek
wrote:

I'm due to go to B&Q soon ..

You have to book these days?

Mary

You have not heard about the new policy then Mary.. my appointment is
3pm next Tuesday ..(checkout 7 booked for 3:30) ;-)

T i m

Mary Fisher

wrote:

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

Mary

Tablets run out again Mary? ;-)

No, but I do keep forgetting to take them ...

Mary

T i m

Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:13:05 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm due to go to B&Q soon ..

You have to book these days?

Mary

You have not heard about the new policy then Mary.. my appointment is
3pm next Tuesday ..(checkout 7 booked for 3:30) ;-)

I wouldn't know, would I, I never go these days. Or even nights, in case
they're 24 hours and anyone wanted to jump in and point out how unknowing I
was.

I'll be at the Bowes Museum on Tuesday so we shan't be able to meet up :-(

Mary

T i m

N. Thornton

wrote:

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease, or if the noise is
caused by the sides of the belt rubbing against the guides etc., try some
spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion. It can be very effective, and

before the effect wore off. Rather than using polish, a 'dry' silicone
lubricant spray might be better still - my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Sooner than use any liquid or Si grease I'd try a lock lubricant
first. A dry PTFE powder in a puffer pack. If talcum powder works a
bit then this should work better, available in B&Q AFAIK..

The obvious first thing to use would be green soap, aka rock bottom
grade washing up liquid. Just smear on lightly, give it a few mins to
dry, and you have a solid lubricating layer on the side of the belt.

A wet cloth removes it, unlike grease based options, so theres no big
problem if it somehow gets onto the face of the belt. Its stoopidly
cheap at 15p a litre, and youve probably got some at home already.

Regards, NT
PoP

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 14:36:34 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I'll be at the Bowes Museum on Tuesday so we shan't be able to meet up :-(

Hmm, anyone know where to get hold of one of those sticky-on sunshades
marked "Tim Luvs Mary"?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....
Mary Fisher

wrote:

I'll be at the Bowes Museum on Tuesday so we shan't be able to meet up

:-(

Hmm, anyone know where to get hold of one of those sticky-on sunshades
marked "Tim Luvs Mary"?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I made my own :-)

I'll do you a deal ...