derek

Default Noisy wife ..

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:14:38 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
wrote:

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease, or if the noise is
caused by the sides of the belt rubbing against the guides etc., try some
spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion. It can be very effective, and
I've used that on the robots as well, but I don't know how long it would be
before the effect wore off. Rather than using polish, a 'dry' silicone
lubricant spray might be better still - my wife used to have a can to
lubricate her knitting machine some years ago.

Good luck.

Sooner than use any liquid or Si grease I'd try a lock lubricant
first. A dry PTFE powder in a puffer pack. If talcum powder works a
bit then this should work better, available in B&Q AFAIK..

DG