Richard Sterry

Default Noisy wife ..

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:14:38 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
See
http://www.olympus.co.uk/diagnostica...htm?id=ola2500 .

Nice bit of kit Rick ... I wonder what the 10 lab technicians are
doing that it replaced .. ;-(

Fair point, but I have to turn that on its head, and say the kit is popular
because of problems with staff recruitment of new staff in NHS labs. Believe
me, far from being hostile towards such automation, the technicians (well,
actually they are Medical Laboratory Scientists - many are graduates)
absolutely love it. They are freed from many mind-numbingly tedious tasks,
real drudgery, and can concentrate on using their knowledge and skills to do
the real job where a brain is required. Try decapping and sorting 7,000
blood tubes a day, and then archiving them afterwards for cold storage, and
you'd see my point!

Alternatively, if you don't have any silicone grease,

I think I do .. 'Rocol MX22' ?

Yes, might be worth a try, but do apply sparingly with a small paint brush
(eg 1/2"). The idea is to make the surface appear shiny, not actually
blathered in obvious lumps of grease.

try some spray polish like Mister Sheen or Mansion.

Oh, ok does that use silicone then?

It certainly does.

Thanks Rick .. I'll report back to the list my findings .. ;-)

Good luck. May the squeak not be with you.

Rick