T i m

Default Noisy wife ..

Hi All,

Well, not the wife (this time) but her exercise bike ;-)

It's quite a nice Tunturi Ergometer 420 (she's getting ready for when
we go out on our solo's / tandem this year) but it squeeks a bit now.

It uses a flat, toothed belt (like a cambelt) to drive the magnetic
'friction' flywheel and as that gently drifts against the guide /
tension rollers it gives of a sort of rhythmic squeak.

The makers suggest the use of talc (on the drive belt g) and that
does work but not for very long?

I believe the front toothed wheel is a sort of plastic / nylon as is
the (smooth) tension roller but I think the rear drive gear / roller
clutch is alloy.

Any tribologists out there?

All the best ..

T i m