Mary Fisher

"Jim Warren" wrote in message
.uk...

Mary Fisher wrote in message
et...

In fairness, some do, they're specially designed so to do.

When you pull them from the bag of carriers you seem to acquire whether

you
want them or not and keep for putting rubbish in you find them full of

holes
.. :-(

Our local Co-op Pioneer claims its plastic bags are biodegradable. They
are
as strong as any other plastic bag for about 4 or 5 uses, then the sweat
from your hands makes the handles give way. If you keep them for ages,
the
whole bag seems to have the strength of toilet paper and then they are no
good for anything.

But they are practical to use twice for shopping then use as bin liners to
throw out other household rubbish. (Did someone mention blister packs?)

Blister packs aren't any good for using for household rubbish are they?

I thought we didn't have much rubbish but I've never seen blister pack
which could accommodate it ...

Mary

Jim

Mary Fisher

"Jim Warren" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote in message
et...

But they are practical to use twice for shopping then use as bin liners

throw out other household rubbish. (Did someone mention blister
packs?)

Blister packs aren't any good for using for household rubbish are they?

I thought we didn't have much rubbish but I've never seen blister pack
which could accommodate it ...

No, t'other way round. You need carrier bags to collect the blister packs
that are no use to anybody.

Ah, I understand.

It never ceases to amaze me how much bigger the blister packs are than the
product that they enclose. And how few hardware products are supplied
without a blister pack wrapped round them. They must make up a
significant
proportion of landfills.

They also take up a lot of space in transporting and displaying goods. I
hate them.

Mary

Jim

Carrier variable speed gas furnace don h Home Repair 0 October 24th 04 10:54 PM
Carrier 58MPV vs Lenox G61MPV-363-070 comparrison? Jdmst Home Repair 10 August 20th 04 11:56 AM
Cleaning DC Bags Dan Woodworking 2 February 16th 04 01:51 AM
kitchen cupboard rubbish bin which takes carrier bags Tim Mitchell UK diy 7 November 6th 03 09:37 AM
Mechanical jamming problem with CD shuffle carrier mechanism Nigel Cook Electronics Repair 4 October 18th 03 03:20 PM