Tim Mitchell

Default kitchen cupboard rubbish bin which takes carrier bags

Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish
bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

My parents have one which is basically a plastic rectangular hoop with a
lid. The hoop has hooks to hold a carrier bag. It's a great gadget
because it hardly takes up any space in the cupboard, and it reuses all
those carrier bags you don't know what to do with. But, they got it on a
special offer at Morrisons, who don't sell them any more.

Lakeland do something a bit similar, but much more substantial (has an
outer bag around the carrier bag). Does anyone know where I could get
such a thing?
--
Tim Mitchell
David W.E. Roberts

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
news
Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish
bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

My parents have one which is basically a plastic rectangular hoop with a
lid. The hoop has hooks to hold a carrier bag. It's a great gadget
because it hardly takes up any space in the cupboard, and it reuses all
those carrier bags you don't know what to do with. But, they got it on a
special offer at Morrisons, who don't sell them any more.

Lakeland do something a bit similar, but much more substantial (has an
outer bag around the carrier bag). Does anyone know where I could get
such a thing?
--
Tim Mitchell

I would recommend the more substantial option.
If a carrier bag were to split (or leak) then you would have a mess.
The one we have - came with the fitted kitchen - is made by Hailo and is
probably German judging by the stickers on it.
This is a plastic bin with a handle, but the right size to line with a
carrier bag.
For the simple type you describe I would try a caravan supplier - ISTR they
used to fit these inside caravan doors.

HTH
Dave R

News

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
news
My parents have one which is basically a plastic rectangular hoop with a
lid. The hoop has hooks to hold a carrier bag. It's a great gadget
because it hardly takes up any space in the cupboard, and it reuses all
those carrier bags you don't know what to do with. But, they got it on a
special offer at Morrisons, who don't sell them any more.

Tim,

I think Betterware, Kleeneze or one of the other door-to-door catalogues
sell them. I'm not sure about price (though things tend not to be too
expensive). Hope this helps

Mark

JonH

screwfix do one ( in their bigstuff catalogue ) but it's part of a range of
kitchen accessories.
You have to order a minimum of 5 items from the range.
Need anything else to complete the kitchen ;-)

"News" wrote in message

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
news
My parents have one which is basically a plastic rectangular hoop with

lid. The hoop has hooks to hold a carrier bag. It's a great gadget
because it hardly takes up any space in the cupboard, and it reuses

all
those carrier bags you don't know what to do with. But, they got it on

special offer at Morrisons, who don't sell them any more.

Tim,

I think Betterware, Kleeneze or one of the other door-to-door catalogues
sell them. I'm not sure about price (though things tend not to be too
expensive). Hope this helps

Mark

mike ring

Tim Mitchell wrote in newsayjPhMT2Oq
:

Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish
bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

There is a betterware, I haven't got a catalogue, but mine has BW 898 A2
moulded in the lid, course that could mean anything, so clock their site.

I used this happily until a kitchen refit, now go a norrible poshe one
nowhere near as good, butlike David says it's not very substantial, and
bags can split.... (but I liked it - the whlo assembly lived on keyhole
slots and removed for washing)

Lakeland have a part no ref 1793 In Bin

lakelandlimited.co.uk

I can't find a reference to the Hailo, I'd like to hear if anyone can

mike r

Rod Hewitt

mike ring wrote in
52.50:

Tim Mitchell wrote in newsayjPhMT2Oq
:

Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish
bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

B&Q do a simple one - patterned aluminium outer and a plastic bin. (Rip off
the silly bin handle as it just makes it awkward to get the bags in or
out.) It is adequate.

Fairly basic mechanism lifts the lid. (OK - very basic.) Suggest a touch of
silicone grease/spray to make it slide easily.

Rod
Mary Fisher

Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish
bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

B&Q do a simple one - patterned aluminium outer and a plastic bin. (Rip

off
the silly bin handle as it just makes it awkward to get the bags in or
out.) It is adequate.

Fairly basic mechanism lifts the lid. (OK - very basic.) Suggest a touch

of
silicone grease/spray to make it slide easily.

The simplest is a hook on which to hang the bag. It's what we've used for
donkeys years.

Mary

Rod

Tim Mitchell

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish
bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

B&Q do a simple one - patterned aluminium outer and a plastic bin. (Rip

off
the silly bin handle as it just makes it awkward to get the bags in or
out.) It is adequate.

Fairly basic mechanism lifts the lid. (OK - very basic.) Suggest a touch

of
silicone grease/spray to make it slide easily.

The simplest is a hook on which to hang the bag. It's what we've used for
donkeys years.

If there's a frame holding the bag open, it's easier to scrape stuff
into it. The betterware one looks like what I was after, thanks to all
for the info.
--
Tim Mitchell