Jdmst

Default Carrier 58MPV vs Lenox G61MPV-363-070 comparrison?

Hi All,
The discussion about furnaces is quite timely for me. I face the same
dilemma. I have to get a new furnace and I’m faced with any number of
models. I do want to go high efficiency gas, 2 stage, probably with the
DC motor.

My question would be, can anyone compare the Lenox G61MPV and the
Carrier 58MPV? I know the Lenox has a lifetime warranty on the heat
exchanger, I’m not sure if the same is true for the Carrier. I’ve been
quoted aprox $5800 to have the Lenox up and running and about 54 to have
the Carrier going.

Any opinions are very welcome.

IHateSpam wrote
“I am getting installed Infitity here in Toronto next week.”

Did you compare the Carrier to any other models and why did you go with
the Carrier?

Thanks,
john

SQLit

"Jdmst" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Not sure how your going to compare the two units other than by seer.
The unit is not the issue it is the installer that makes it work to its
maximum efficiency.

http://198.147.238.24/ac_calc/default.asp

I offer this site as help

IHateSpam

I cannot compare units, but I could tell you that I am getting Carrier
Infinity 100000BTU, for about 4200$CA + 7% GST. here in Toronto area. That
includes 5 year waranty on parts and labour (not just parts!!!). There will
be also 350$ rebate from utility company, as I am buing it before Aug 31.
Also I did home energy efficient inspection before installing unit that cost
me 214$, but expect that after replacing furnace will get back from
govrnment about 500$ grant for improving my house energy efficiency. That is
another 300$ savings.

Does your quote include anything else? Like humidifier, air cleaner,
thermostat etc? Could you tell company you got this quote from?

"Jdmst" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

m Ransley

I am getting the Carrier infinity, the VS DC motor uses less electricity
then Lennox , The heat exchanger is easier to clean , I beleive. The
Infinity thermostat is cheaper and allows setting fan speed on the
thermostat. Unless you get the 38000 btu infinity you will have 94.5 %
efficiency , about the same as lennox.

m Ransley

Get a 10 yr warranty VS DC motors last about that long.

Joe Shlabotnick

I just got a quote this week from Metropolitan Heating and A/C in
Scarborough for the 60,000 BTU version of the Carrier 58MVP - about $4,800 +
GST. Obviously higher than your quote (although in our case the new furnace
would be relocated slightly from the existing, to increase storage space
etc. - among other things this will entail discharging and recharging the
existing a/c system.)

May I ask who you got your quote from? I would like to give them a call as
well.

thanks in advance!
"IHateSpam" wrote in message
. ..
I cannot compare units, but I could tell you that I am getting Carrier
Infinity 100000BTU, for about 4200$CA + 7% GST. here in Toronto area. That
includes 5 year waranty on parts and labour (not just parts!!!). There

will
be also 350$ rebate from utility company, as I am buing it before Aug 31.
Also I did home energy efficient inspection before installing unit that

cost
me 214$, but expect that after replacing furnace will get back from
govrnment about 500$ grant for improving my house energy efficiency. That

is
another 300$ savings.

Does your quote include anything else? Like humidifier, air cleaner,
thermostat etc? Could you tell company you got this quote from?

"Jdmst" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

TURTLE

"Jdmst" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

This is Turtle.

The Workmanship or working ability will come from the installer and the quality
of the two brands listed would be just fine if installed correctly. if all hvac
systems was installed correctly we would not need 1/2 the service companys or
installer companys that are in the business. Look to the Installer for quality
and not so much to the brand.

TURTLE

---

IHateSpam

My best quote and best service was from Direct Energy:
http://www.directenergy.ca/
Guy that came in was realy nice, no preassure - just came in checked
everything, explained and gave me a quote.
As somebody said, installer is as important as brand name of furnace. I was
expecting to pay more by going with bigger company as installer, but endup
paying less.

Don't forget to ask discounts for:
1. If you are already existing Direct Energy customer (renting their water
heater) they'll give you discount for 200$
2. They have plan for "do not pay for 1 year". There is a discount if you
decide to pay right away by credit card.
Or just tell them - I am ready to sign for x amount - do you want my
business?

Good luck.
Remember - if you buy before Aug 30 and install before Sep 30, then there is
350$ rebate from Endbridge. Later there will be 200$ rebate.
More at:
http://www.cgc.enbridge.com/A/A13-01_furnace-rebate.asp

. ..

+
GST. Obviously higher than your quote (although in our case the new

furnace
would be relocated slightly from the existing, to increase storage space
etc. - among other things this will entail discharging and recharging the
existing a/c system.)

May I ask who you got your quote from? I would like to give them a call

as
well.

thanks in advance!
"IHateSpam" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"Jdmst" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Jdmst

Hi Joe,
Actually I just reread my quotes and the Carrier quote was for a
58MTA060 this is tne high efficieny with out the DC motor. The salesman
said to add about 800 to the price if I wanted the 58MPV060 with the DC.
The original quote was for $4350 so with the extra 800 and tax it comes
in around $5300. I got my quote from Francis Fules in Ottawa. They also
have my old fuel oil account so that may help lower the quote.

Joe Shlabotnick wrote:
I just got a quote this week from Metropolitan Heating and A/C in
Scarborough for the 60,000 BTU version of the Carrier 58MVP - about $4,800 +
GST. Obviously higher than your quote (although in our case the new furnace
would be relocated slightly from the existing, to increase storage space
etc. - among other things this will entail discharging and recharging the
existing a/c system.)

May I ask who you got your quote from? I would like to give them a call as
well.

thanks in advance!
"IHateSpam" wrote in message
. ..

I cannot compare units, but I could tell you that I am getting Carrier
Infinity 100000BTU, for about 4200$CA + 7% GST. here in Toronto area. That
includes 5 year waranty on parts and labour (not just parts!!!). There

will

be also 350$ rebate from utility company, as I am buing it before Aug 31.
Also I did home energy efficient inspection before installing unit that

cost

me 214$, but expect that after replacing furnace will get back from
govrnment about 500$ grant for improving my house energy efficiency. That

is

another 300$ savings.

Does your quote include anything else? Like humidifier, air cleaner,
thermostat etc? Could you tell company you got this quote from?

"Jdmst" wrote in message
m...

[...]

m Ransley

My thermostat quote was 350 $ US