Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
clara

Default fence post holes

I have a wall which is only about 1 ft high down the side of my garden, the
previous owner decided to fix the fence into the wall, which did not work
very well with the wind last weekend.

I have brought some concrete fence posts to put against the wall, but after
digging down about 18 inches I have came across what looks like the
foundations for the wall and can not get down any further.

I am thinking the best thing to do will be to try and chisel through it with
an sds drill? can anyone recomend where to buy a pretty long sds chisel bit
to use? or can anyone give me a better idea?

I will also need an sds drill, I doubt I will use it much, I have seen one
for £30 in argos, can anyone tell me if they are any good?

cheers, Stu

Garden fence Terry D UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 11:15 AM
Results: renewing fence post for third time Peter Bull UK diy 3 January 23rd 04 02:06 PM
renewing fence post for the third time! Peter Bull UK diy 4 January 10th 04 02:54 PM
Welding holes in a chaincase - advice wanted [email protected] UK diy 5 July 15th 03 09:25 AM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM