Jerry Built

Default fence post holes

clara wrote:=20
I have a wall which is only about 1 ft high down the side of my
garden, the previous owner decided to fix the fence into the wall,
which did not work very well with the wind last weekend.=20
I have brought some concrete fence posts to put against the wall,
but after digging down about 18 inches I have came across what
looks like the foundations for the wall and can not get down any
further.
I am thinking the best thing to do will be to try and chisel
through it with an sds drill? can anyone recomend where to buy
a pretty long sds chisel bit to use? or can anyone give me a
better idea?=20

Do you need to keep the wall? If it's damaged it might be better to=20
get rid of it. How long are the fence posts you're putting in? 18"=20
may be enough depth.=20

I will also need an sds drill, I doubt I will use it much, I have
seen one for =A330 in argos, can anyone tell me if they are any
good?=20

Visit the tool hire section of your BM (Jewson etc). A concrete=20
breaker with appropriate chisels isn't dear to hire and will be=20
much much better than an SDS drill!=20

cheers, Stu=20

Stu?? Not "clara" ???? Eh?

J.B.