raden

In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Dave
writes
I've always used soldered joints but am being tempted by the Tectite
push-fit range for a heating re-furb I'm about to embark on - maybe

even
plastic pipe rather than copper! How long have they been around? Any
horror
stories? Are there any other competing ranges I should consider?

IS your name DIMM ?

no?

Should be OK then

Maxie, is Dim Lin, the far eastern luscious lovely, that bad?

No idea DIMM Fuk, she's your sister, you should know

Maxie, you still want be a part of my kith n kin.

Sorry, your world is deviating from the real one again, you've been
sniffing coca cola again, haven't you

--
geoff
IMM

Aidan wrote:

If you take the trouble to read the 'feuds', plenty of good information
comes out of them.
A word of advice. Learn how to use a killfile.

Why, thank you, kind sir, for your wise and avuncular advice.

I do not want to read the feuds, they are not relevant. I do not want
to know what a killfile is. I did want to know peoples' opinions on
push-fit plumbing; that is why I was reading a thread entitled
'Push-fit Plumbing - any good?'

There were about 66 threads. Were they all about push-fit plumbing?
No. The feud kicked off at about post No.8, and it is still
continuing, something along the lines of;

Nah!

Nah!!

Nah nah na-na-Nahhh!

What do you expect?.

Pay peanuts, and get IMM.

Just how much DID you pay to join this group anyway?

Take no notice of this one, he has a problem.

IMM

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes
What incident was that?

http://tinyurl.com/42ke4

Surely you remember.....

No incident with an hacksaw. the hacksaw worked perfectly.

So the other adage of a poor workman blaming his tools applies

then...

You must learn to read properly.

What, ... trivial things like instructions?

Maxie, no tools were blamed at all....

Au contraire, you came in for a great deal of flak

Maxie, as I know more about these things than anyone on this ng, no tools
were blamed, only the fitting.

DIM, you are the tool who did the "fitting"

Maxie, the fitting was not done over. It was treated with respect.

IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Dave
writes
I've always used soldered joints but am being tempted by the

Tectite
push-fit range for a heating re-furb I'm about to embark on - maybe

even
plastic pipe rather than copper! How long have they been around?

Any
horror
stories? Are there any other competing ranges I should consider?

IS your name DIMM ?

no?

Should be OK then

Maxie, is Dim Lin, the far eastern luscious lovely, that bad?

No idea DIMM Fuk, she's your sister, you should know

Maxie, you still want be a part of my kith n kin.

Sorry, your world is deviating from the real one again, you've been
sniffing coca cola again, haven't you

Maxie, how is your problem?

Andy Hall

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:13:00 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Maxie, as I know more about these things than anyone on this ng, no tools
were blamed, only the fitting.

DIM, you are the tool who did the "fitting"

Maxie, the fitting was not done over. It was treated with respect.

Sort of like "I promise I'll respect you in the morning"........

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

raden

In message , IMM writes

You must learn to read properly.

What, ... trivial things like instructions?

Maxie, no tools were blamed at all....

Au contraire, you came in for a great deal of flak

Maxie, as I know more about these things than anyone on this ng, no tools
were blamed, only the fitting.

DIM, you are the tool who did the "fitting"

Maxie, the fitting was not done over. It was treated with respect.

Sounds like it was well done over by the time you'd finished with it

--
geoff
IMM

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

What incident was that?

http://tinyurl.com/42ke4

Surely you remember.....

No incident with an hacksaw. the hacksaw worked perfectly.

Do you think that next time you could learn to read the instructions you
blithering amateur?

Oh a mentalist!

raden

In message , IMM writes

Sorry, your world is deviating from the real one again, you've been
sniffing coca cola again, haven't you

Maxie, how is your problem?

Well, you're mentally retarded, practically useless, theoretically in a
different universe, and still posting

next question?

--
geoff
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

You must learn to read properly.

What, ... trivial things like instructions?

Maxie, no tools were blamed at all....

Au contraire, you came in for a great deal of flak

Maxie, as I know more about these things than anyone on this ng, no

tools
were blamed, only the fitting.

DIM, you are the tool who did the "fitting"

Maxie, the fitting was not done over. It was treated with respect.

Sounds like it was well done over by the time you'd finished with it

No Maxie, it didn't sound like that at all.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:00:45 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
IMM wrote:

What incident was that?

http://tinyurl.com/42ke4

Surely you remember.....

No incident with an hacksaw. the hacksaw worked perfectly.

Do you think that next time you could learn to read the instructions you
blithering amateur?

Oh a mentalist!

- 'mentalist' was September's word

- twin combis was September's solution

- Alpha CB50s were September's boiler-of-the-month

It's October now. You need to do a new IPL,.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

Sorry, your world is deviating from the real one again, you've been
sniffing coca cola again, haven't you

Maxie, how is your problem?

Well, you're mentally retarded, practically useless, theoretically in a
different universe, and still posting

next question?

Maxie, you are resorting to 100% mentalism now.

IMM

IMM wrote:

What incident was that?

http://tinyurl.com/42ke4

Surely you remember.....

No incident with an hacksaw. the hacksaw worked perfectly.

Do you think that next time you could learn to read the instructions

you
blithering amateur?

Oh a mentalist!

- 'mentalist' was September's word

- twin combis was September's solution

No, they are always a solution.

- Alpha CB50s were September's boiler-of-the-month

It's October now. You need to do a new IPL,.

I do?

Grunff

raden wrote:

We're not all here just for your benefit, why not go and start your own
NG and stop wingeing

We're not?? Bugger, wish someone had told me.

--
Grunff
raden

In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

You must learn to read properly.

What, ... trivial things like instructions?

Maxie, no tools were blamed at all....

Au contraire, you came in for a great deal of flak

Maxie, as I know more about these things than anyone on this ng, no

tools
were blamed, only the fitting.

DIM, you are the tool who did the "fitting"

Maxie, the fitting was not done over. It was treated with respect.

Sounds like it was well done over by the time you'd finished with it

No Maxie, it didn't sound like that at all.

Does to me

--
geoff
raden

In message , Grunff
writes
raden wrote:

We're not all here just for your benefit, why not go and start your
own NG and stop wingeing

We're not?? Bugger, wish someone had told me.

Keep up ...

--
geoff

IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

You must learn to read properly.

What, ... trivial things like instructions?

Maxie, no tools were blamed at all....

Au contraire, you came in for a great deal of flak

Maxie, as I know more about these things than anyone on this ng, no

tools
were blamed, only the fitting.

DIM, you are the tool who did the "fitting"

Maxie, the fitting was not done over. It was treated with respect.

Sounds like it was well done over by the time you'd finished with it

No Maxie, it didn't sound like that at all.

Does to me

Maxie, you have hearing problems as well. Get yourself sorted, you are a
basket case.

:::Jerry::::

"IMM" wrote in message

snip

Maxie, you have hearing problems as well. Get yourself sorted, you are a
basket case.

I've told you about this before, IMM, stop talking to yourself - they say
it's the first sign of madness...

Aidan

raden, AH & others wrote in several messages;

"You're very welcome. It comes from years of experience in reading
newsgroups."

That seems to have gone way over your head.

"The signal to noise ratio on UK.D-I-Y is actually pretty good in
comparison to some others."

Signal to noise ratio is probably about 1:5 in the case of this
thread, or about 1:10 in the case of your own contributions to it.
What, are there other idiots ruining other UK newsgroups, in the way
that you, IMM and others are ruining this one? Or, is it the same
idiots?

"There isn't a game to play or to win. Simply debates around various
topics."

In this case, the topic was supposed to be push-fit plumbing. If you
want to slag each other off, why don't you start a dedicated thread
for that purpose and post a link to it as required?

"Did you have anything to contribute on the subject of DIY at all?"

I may have had. One of the significant (IMHO) features of the push-fit
systems hasn't yet been mentioned, while a quick check on the JG
website has raised another question which I intend to research further
on the other manufacturers' web-sites. Whether my views would be of
any interest, would be another question. My opinions are based around
trade & professional HVAC/Engineering qualifications, 20+ years design
experience and 3+ years installation & maintenance experience.
However, no-one is going to sift through all the garbage to read the
few posts that are about push-fit plumbing so there's no point in
posting my views in a thread which, despite it's title, is mainly
about your vendetta.

"We're not all here just for your benefit"

No, we're not. I'd thought we were here to discuss push-fit stuff for
the benefit of anyone who cared to read it.

"learn to live with it or take your leave"

Yes. I wonder who else you've deterred. We may never care.
Finish.
IMM

"Aidan" wrote in message
om...
raden, AH & others wrote in several messages;

"You're very welcome. It comes from years of experience in reading
newsgroups."

That seems to have gone way over your head.

"The signal to noise ratio on UK.D-I-Y is actually pretty good in
comparison to some others."

IMM and others are ruining this one?

How dare you! I add value on this thread. You must read all my posts 3
times.

"There isn't a game to play or to win. Simply debates around various
topics."

In this case, the topic was supposed
to be push-fit plumbing. If you
want to slag each other off, why don't
you start a dedicated thread
for that purpose and post a link to it as required?

They should do.

"Did you have anything to contribute on the subject of DIY at all?"

I may have had. One of the significant
(IMHO) features of the push-fit
systems hasn't yet been mentioned,
while a quick check on the JG
website has raised another question
which I intend to research further
on the other manufacturers' web-sites.
Whether my views would be of
any interest, would be another question.
My opinions are based around
trade & professional HVAC/Engineering
qualifications, 20+ years design
experience and 3+ years installation &
maintenance experience.

Then you should know better.

However, no-one is going to sift
through all the garbage to read the
few posts that are about push-fit plumbing
so there's no point in posting my views
in a thread which, despite it's title, is mainly
about your vendetta.

What are your reservations? I will put you right.

"We're not all here just for your benefit"

No, we're not. I'd thought we were here
to discuss push-fit stuff for
the benefit of anyone who cared to read it.

"learn to live with it or take your leave"

Yes. I wonder who else you've deterred. We may never care.
Finish.

Remember, Maxie has problems.

:::Jerry::::

"Aidan" wrote in message
om...

snip

Having followed you own efforts to increase the SN ratio, here is some
advise;

Do yourself a favour, get yourself a NNTP (Usenet) account,
http://www.individual.net/ is a good place to start if your ISP doesn't
allow access to one, learn how to use a newsreader and above all learn who
to use the built in message blocking tools.

Also, go to this web site and learn just what Usenet is and isn't, if you
want messages in nicely packaged threads then perhaps Usenet is not for you,
there are plenty of web based forums or email groups around - but don't
expect them to have the un sanitised truth available...

:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

snip

Also, go to this web site and learn just what Usenet is and isn't,

Oops... http://www.usenet.org.uk/

Grunff

Look, really, why don't you **** off?

--
Grunff
Andy Hall

On 7 Oct 2004 03:15:24 -0700, (Aidan) wrote:

raden, AH & others wrote in several messages;

"The signal to noise ratio on UK.D-I-Y is actually pretty good in
comparison to some others."

Signal to noise ratio is probably about 1:5 in the case of this
thread, or about 1:10 in the case of your own contributions to it.
What, are there other idiots ruining other UK newsgroups, in the way
that you, IMM and others are ruining this one? Or, is it the same
idiots?

I was talking about newsgroups in general.

If you took the trouble to familiarise yourself with how Usenet works
you would realise that most are distributed globally, but with the
prefix designating a geographical location or subject grouping.

Although this is nominally a UK group, we have posters from all over
the world.

If you took the trouble to look at some of the other newsgroups using
a proper newsreader rather than messing around with inappropriate web
access you would find that there are some that have purely noise.

You will find some moderated ones that have one or two completely
on-topic posts every month if you're lucky. They are very boring
and don't get used.

This one is quite well balanced from that perspective.

The whole point of a discussion group is like any discussion. Most
threads start with a topic and then the contributions spur other ideas
and discussions.

Some of the differences of opinion appear to become quite heated as
they can do in face to face contact. Some people express
themselves in newsgroups in a way that they wouldn't face to face, and
as far as I'm concerned that's fine as well.

"There isn't a game to play or to win. Simply debates around various
topics."

In this case, the topic was supposed to be push-fit plumbing. If you
want to slag each other off, why don't you start a dedicated thread
for that purpose and post a link to it as required?

This again demonstrates that you have no concept of the way that
Usenet works.

"Did you have anything to contribute on the subject of DIY at all?"

I may have had. One of the significant (IMHO) features of the push-fit
systems hasn't yet been mentioned, while a quick check on the JG
website has raised another question which I intend to research further
on the other manufacturers' web-sites. Whether my views would be of
any interest, would be another question. My opinions are based around
trade & professional HVAC/Engineering qualifications, 20+ years design
experience and 3+ years installation & maintenance experience.

Were you hoping that anybody would be impressed by that?

You would have been far better off keeping quiet and following posts
for a while and then introducing yourself into one or two threads with
useful material.

Barging in and criticising the dynamic of what is already happening is
simply not appropriate and you will not impress people.

After all, if you walk into a community pub as a newcomer and there
are several conversations going on at the bar, do you instantly elbow
into a conversation and tear into what other people are saying?
You could, but you wouldn't be surprised if they didn't thank you for
it.

However, no-one is going to sift through all the garbage to read the
few posts that are about push-fit plumbing so there's no point in
posting my views in a thread which, despite it's title, is mainly
about your vendetta.

This again demonstrates your lack of understanding of the Usenet
medium and that you have not bothered to look at the history of
threads in this group.

I can tell you that nobody has vendettas against anybody here that I
have seen. There are plenty of newsgroups which do, and you are
missing the difference between vitriol and lively debate.

I sometimes differ in opinion with IMM over different topics. There
is never any malice or vindictiveness in what is written as far as I
am concerned, so where you get the notion that there is a vendetta, I
have no idea. I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't occur to me to do
otherwise.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
chris French

In message , Andy Hall
writes

I sometimes differ in opinion with IMM over different topics. There
is never any malice or vindictiveness in what is written as far as I
am concerned,

Exasperation maybe :-)?

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM,

Now that would be interesting....

I do think the bickering (not from you Andy) with IMM does descend to
rather childish levels at times, but if others want to spend their time
that way, then so be it.

--
Chris French, Leeds
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Aidan wrote:
raden, AH & others wrote in several messages;

"You're very welcome. It comes from years of experience in reading
newsgroups."

That seems to have gone way over your head.

So you've not heard of irony either?

BTW, as well as not wanting to learn about killfiles, you appear also not
to want to learn about proper quotation. I've reformatted your post to
show you how. Not that I expect you'll care...

"The signal to noise ratio on UK.D-I-Y is actually pretty good in
comparison to some others."

Signal to noise ratio is probably about 1:5 in the case of this
thread, or about 1:10 in the case of your own contributions to it.
What, are there other idiots ruining other UK newsgroups, in the way
that you, IMM and others are ruining this one? Or, is it the same
idiots?

I'd suggest you read some other groups. It's a good idea to have a grasp
of your subject before sounding off and looking like a prat.

"There isn't a game to play or to win. Simply debates around various
topics."

In this case, the topic was supposed to be push-fit plumbing. If you
want to slag each other off, why don't you start a dedicated thread
for that purpose and post a link to it as required?

As above. Life's a bitch sometimes. Not everything goes the way you'd like.

"Did you have anything to contribute on the subject of DIY at all?"

I may have had. One of the significant (IMHO) features of the push-fit
systems hasn't yet been mentioned, while a quick check on the JG
website has raised another question which I intend to research further
on the other manufacturers' web-sites. Whether my views would be of
any interest, would be another question. My opinions are based around
trade & professional HVAC/Engineering qualifications, 20+ years design
experience and 3+ years installation & maintenance experience.
However, no-one is going to sift through all the garbage to read the
few posts that are about push-fit plumbing so there's no point in
posting my views in a thread which, despite it's title, is mainly
about your vendetta.

Oh dear. Another one trotting out some so called qualifications first
thing. Not a good sign on most groups. Anyone can type what they want,
with no way of checking...

"We're not all here just for your benefit"

No, we're not. I'd thought we were here to discuss push-fit stuff for
the benefit of anyone who cared to read it.

The discussing is led by those who write. Not the wishes of those who
read. I'm surprised you can't work that out...

"learn to live with it or take your leave"

Yes. I wonder who else you've deterred. We may never care.
Finish.

News groups aren't a learned journal. Live with it and adapt.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

IMM

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Andy Hall
writes

I sometimes differ in opinion with IMM over different topics. There
is never any malice or vindictiveness in what is written as far as I
am concerned,

Exasperation maybe :-)?

I do become so.

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

Andy Hall

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:39:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

News groups aren't a learned journal. Live with it and adapt.

The favourite American HR expression, F.I.F.O springs to mind -
Fit in or F*** Off

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

Andy Hall

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:09:57 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

The stock answer to that question always used to be 'penicillin'.

I'm not sure these days.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:09:57 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

The stock answer to that question always used to be 'penicillin'.

I'm not sure these days.

Go away...they never said that did they.....

raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
. ..

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

Pushfit plumbing ?

--
geoff
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
. ..

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

Pushfit plumbing ?

Maxie, leave this out. What you do with pipes in the far east is your
business.

The Natural Philosopher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

A labour government. Then he ends up with nothing.

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy
him a beer and perhaps even dinner. It wouldn't
occur to me to do otherwise.

I would prefer that you gave me all your worldly wealth.

But what would you spend it on?

True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

A labour government. Then he ends up with nothing.

Out resident Tory snot is still at it. An classic example of how
brainwashing is permanent.

Can't you get a decent newsreader.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

A labour government. Then he ends up with nothing.

Heh heh. By all the pledges at the recent Tory party conference, it
would seem there's a new 'spend spend spend' party.

Of course, it's easy to make promises when you know there's no chance of
having to fulfil them...

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

A labour government. Then he ends up with nothing.

Heh heh. By all the pledges at the recent Tory party conference, it
would seem there's a new 'spend spend spend' party.

Of course, it's easy to make promises when you know there's no chance of
having to fulfil them...

That was Labour's problem, wasn't it

--
geoff
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
True. what do you gave a man who has everything.

A labour government. Then he ends up with nothing.

Heh heh. By all the pledges at the recent Tory party conference, it
would seem there's a new 'spend spend spend' party.

Of course, it's easy to make promises when you know there's no chance

of
having to fulfil them...

That was Labour's problem, wasn't it

Maxie, you are confused again. Blair read to the press not long ago the
point they would do at the last election and 90% plus are done. Maxie!

Aidan

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..

"Were you hoping that anybody would be impressed by that?"

No. Just plain facts, believe or disbelieve as you please.
Who cares? People can base their opinions on the content.

"After all, if you walk into a community pub as a newcomer and there
are several conversations going on at the bar, do you instantly elbow
into a conversation and tear into what other people are saying?
You could, but you wouldn't be surprised if they didn't thank you for
it."

On the contrary, if you go into a space/room allocated for a "DIY
Discussion" and persistently disrupt the discussions with irrelevant,
infantile squabbling, then probably only you would be surprised if
someone eventually asked you to shut the hell up.

However, since this is mainly a British discussion group, we usually
don't do that because we don't want to cause a scene. Instead, people
just leave, whilst muttering things under their breath like, "Tut,
tut!", or even, "Really!".

The result is that all those who might have made a valuable
contribution have gone elsewhere and the space is abandoned to the
f***wits. The f***wits eventually dominate the space, indulge in
unchallenged misbehaviour and unquestioned delusions about their own
expertise and even tell those who've come for a discussion to "Fit in
or F*** off". Me, fit in with your conduct?!

"This again demonstrates your lack of understanding of the Usenet
medium and that you have not bothered to look at the history of
threads in this group."

Since when was knowledge of Usenet, computing or the history of your
rantings a prerequisite for reading about DIY stuff? I just want to
read about push-fit plumbing.

"You would have been far better off keeping quiet and following posts
for a while and then introducing yourself into one or two threads with
useful material."

Oh, right. You mean, something like;

Using combi in stored hot water system, posted on 3/10/04

Your omitting to mention a legally-required safety device (your &
IMM's replies of 3/10/04) on an unvented system might have caused
people to wonder about the extent of your knowledge.

"I'm quite sure that if I ever met IMM, I would buy him a beer and
perhaps even dinner."

You slag each other off at every opportunity but, in the event of
your meeting, you expect that you will both behave with courtesy? How
charmingly naïve.

If we met, I would buy you both a drink.
Two cherry cokes, please, in the paper cups, with straws. Now try not
to spill it on yourselves and take it outside to the play area where
you won't annoy the grown-ups.

Finish it.