Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody Amazon!

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:56:10 +0100, gareth evans
wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

Could you not make one call (successful or not) then request a
chargeback from your card issuer?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gareth evans wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

They're not handing anything over in person any more, they put it on the
doorstep, knock/ring, then speak to you from the end of the drive, if
you missed the knock/ring maybe it's behind a plant or in the wheelie bin?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

Could you not make one call (successful or not) then request a
chargeback from your card issuer?

OK ... what's the number to call?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 10:42, Andy Burns wrote:
gareth evans wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

They're not handing anything over in person any more, they put it on the
doorstep, knock/ring, then speak to you from the end of the drive, if
you missed the knock/ring maybe it's behind a plant or in the wheelie bin?

No, I'd already done that twice, last night and this morning, all
wheelie bins, over the back fence, under the bushes in the garden
and it's not there.

Another thing ... the front door has both a bell push and also a
brass knocker, so when they do call, why do they tap so lightly
on the door itself that it's nearly inaudible?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gareth evans wrote:

Scott wrote:

Could you not make one call (successful or not) then request a
chargeback from your card issuer?

OK ... what's the number to call?

You don't call them, they'll call you ...

https://amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?from=gp&source=csp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 09:56, gareth evans wrote:
Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

I can recommend Amazon Locker. Got one at my co-op.

A big orange thing, with loads of little lockers. Type in your number
and a door opens, pick up you parcel. So far no need to talk to anyone
or queue.

I prefer it to people knocking, or leaving the parcel somewhere random.

The only downside is that it doesn't accept big parcels. But with Amazon
Prime it is ideal for all the little stuff I order.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gareth evans wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

They're not handing anything over in person any more, they put it on the
doorstep, knock/ring, then speak to you from the end of the drive, if
you missed the knock/ring maybe it's behind a plant or in the wheelie
bin?

No, I'd already done that twice, last night and this morning, all
wheelie bins, over the back fence, under the bushes in the garden
and it's not there.

Another thing ... the front door has both a bell push and also a
brass knocker, so when they do call, why do they tap so lightly
on the door itself that it's nearly inaudible?

Thats why I have all round CCTV coverage of my house, so I can review
where the delivery person has been and what they actually did.

When I got home, I had an amazon card and it said "parcel Left behind
side gate....."

I knew the side gate was padlocked and 6ft high so I checked the CCTV.

(The CCTV had once caught two window cleaners climbing over to clean our
rear windows as they had not let us know in advance they were coming to
clean so we could unlock side gate for them)

Sure enough, on the CCTV, the Amazon delivery person was seen to walk up
to the side gate and throw a parcel over onto the garden pavement.....

Inside was a can of green paint which had split on impact. Thankfully it
was inside a plastic bag which contained the spillage, protecting the
rest of the parcel contents and also not leaked onto the garden pavement.

I complained and sent the footage across. They said to me to throw can
in bin as I had sent pictures showing that I couldn't send back a
drippping paint can and they sent me a new can.

(Amazon have a policy of sending out replacements straight away and you
have 28 days to send old item back or your card gets double charged.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 09:56, gareth evans wrote:
Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

That was done to me. Got money back without a quibble.

So I ordered another, and then some time after that was received a call
from a neighbour with the original item.

I do wonder how Amazon make a profit!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:02, Pancho wrote:
[...]

But how does that help when Amazon claim to have delivered something
when I have been in all day and know that they definitely HAVE NOT?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:06, Fredxx wrote:
On 28/04/2021 09:56, gareth evans wrote:
Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

That was done to me. Got money back without a quibble.

But HOW did you do that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gareth evans wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then receive an
email saying not only has it been delivered, but that is was handed to
me personally, BUT NOTHING HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

They're not handing anything over in person any more, they put it on
the doorstep, knock/ring, then speak to you from the end of the drive,
if you missed the knock/ring maybe it's behind a plant or in the
wheelie bin?

No, I'd already done that twice, last night and this morning, all
wheelie bins, over the back fence, under the bushes in the garden and
it's not there.

Another thing ... the front door has both a bell push and also a brass
knocker, so when they do call, why do they tap so lightly on the door
itself that it's nearly inaudible?

door bells never work - that's why they don't ring them. I've added a sign
- "please ring bell", but most of them don't.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 10:56, Andy Burns wrote:
gareth evans wrote:

Scott wrote:

Could you not make one call (successful or not) then request a
chargeback from your card issuer?

OK ... what's the number to call?

You don't call them, they'll call you ...

https://amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?from=gp&source=csp

Andy, that's brilliant, thank-you.

Spoke to a chap, Maneesh, a bit difficult because of the rapid
Indian accent and me being slightly deaf, but a free replacement
is promised.

He called me from ...

02070 237937

But actually recommended for the future ...

0800 279 7234

HTH for anyone else in a similar situation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:12, charles wrote:
gareth evans wrote:

[...]

.... except in this case, I've one bell push on the front door, another
on the back gate, and repeater bells all over the house and down the garden.

AAMOI, I've a number of field telephones all on the same circuit in the
house and down the garden so that me and "The Wife" can call each other
from wherever we are, but we tend not to use them and go looking for
t'other anyway! 2 of the telephones are "F" of 1935 vintage and work as
solidly and as well as when they were made 76 years ago. Will the same
ever be true of today's communications apparatus???? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:06:26 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

[...]

Millions of successful transactions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:03:28 +0100, SH wrote:
[snip]

I had a delivery from Hermes. All afternoon the tracking variously
told me it was running late, it was delivered and it would arrive the
following day. After I complained, the courier turned up in a filthy
mood and said he had tried to deliver the package earlier. I asked
him which flat he went to and he said he didn't know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:12:05 +0100, charles wrote:

gareth evans wrote:

[...]

Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

Trigger a jacobs ladder from the knocker, or maybe just remove it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gareth evans wrote:

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

They're not handing anything over in person any more, they put it on the
doorstep, knock/ring, then speak to you from the end of the drive, if
you missed the knock/ring maybe it's behind a plant or in the wheelie bin?

Or it's just been stolen!

I was in all day around a week ago and the only way I was aware that
something had been delivered during the day was when I went to my email
at around 9pm and had a message to say that a package had been delivered
at 1pm. I opened my front door and there it was in the middle of my
pathway - no attempt to conceal it from view from the road. At no time
during the day did the doorbell ring.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:57, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:03:28 +0100, SH wrote:
[snip]

I had a delivery from Hermes. All afternoon the tracking variously
told me it was running late, it was delivered and it would arrive the
following day. After I complained, the courier turned up in a filthy
mood and said he had tried to deliver the package earlier. I asked
him which flat he went to and he said he didn't know.

Interesting because my Hermes man (Cotton Traders deliveries) takes a
photo of me and the house!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

Or it's just been stolen!

I knew I was going to be out last week, so updated the amazon delivery
instructions to "leave in garage" and left it unlocked, got home to
package in plain view on doormat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 12:16, Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:

I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

Trigger a jacobs ladder from the knocker, or maybe just remove it?

Many people were strongly in favour of the Sun's Page Three models
but they also had their knockers :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:09, gareth evans wrote:

But how does that help when Amazon claim to have delivered something
when I have been in all day and know that they definitely HAVE NOT?

Because it is delivered to Coop and only to you when you pick it up. A
more obvious chain of responsibility.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 09:56, gareth evans wrote:
Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

I had an odd "inverted" problem to that a couple of weeks ago. DPD left
a parcel on the front step with our address on it, but nobody of the
name on parcel lived here. So in a way the parcel had been delivered to
the "correct" address, but not to the person intended (whoever sent it
had got the address wrong). I then spent an hour trying to find out how
to contact DPD to report this, but without a delivery number, order
number or other number there was nothing online I could use. I couldn't
find a phone number to contact DPD on their website. I was about to take
the parcel to their depot a few miles away, when the doorbell rang and
it was a guy from the house across the road about 70 metres away (the
house numbering is strange here; we are No.3, he is No.4). He told me
his name and the name on the parcel was the same, so I gave it to him. I
assume he'd checked with the sender and DPD to find out where it was.

Seems odd there's no way to contact DPD if you don't know who sent the
package.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 12:30, Scott wrote:
Interesting because my Hermes man (Cotton Traders deliveries) takes a
photo of me and the house!

This was pre-Covid.

Nope. Hermes are still doing it, took a picture of the parcel and my
wife's fluffy slippers as she picked the box up from the door step.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 13:59, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

There's an episode of "Not Going Out" with exactly that scenario but
the slapstick that follows is something else!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Apr 2021 at 12:48:51 BST, "S Viemeister"
wrote:

On 28/04/2021 12:12, Bob Eager wrote:

Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

I like that idea!

So do I. But rationally, if you are going to fit a switch to the knocker why
not make it operate the bell? An additional voice announcement is optional:
"I told you to use the bell!".

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/04/2021 12:12, Bob Eager wrote:

Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell
that says "PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be
heard all over the house, even at the end of the garden. The
knocker can't.
I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if
used, a loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

I like that idea!

So do I. But rationally, if you are going to fit a switch to the
knocker why not make it operate the bell? An additional voice
announcement is optional: "I told you to use the bell!".

I once programmed a control screen for an oven in a General Motors
plant in Michigan in the US, and when I had finished, if you pressed any
key other than one of the six functional ones, Pacman came across and
ate the screen away. When he had finished, the original screen was
reinstated. It stayed like that for years, until the plant was
demolished. You have to have some fun at work!

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
door bells never work - that's why they don't ring them. I've added a
sign - "please ring bell", but most of them don't.

My door bell push has two superbright LEDs. Clearly visible at all times.

--
*Why is a boxing ring square?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

Or make it ring the door bell. ;-)

--
*The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
gareth evans wrote:
On 28/04/2021 11:57, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:03:28 +0100, SH wrote:
[snip]

I had a delivery from Hermes. All afternoon the tracking variously
told me it was running late, it was delivered and it would arrive the
following day. After I complained, the courier turned up in a filthy
mood and said he had tried to deliver the package earlier. I asked
him which flat he went to and he said he didn't know.

Interesting because my Hermes man (Cotton Traders deliveries) takes a
photo of me and the house!

I arrived back as a delivery man called. He wanted a pic of the parcel at
the open front door.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The courier companies are the worst for making a complaint or chasing up on errors, phone numbers are hard to find if your lucky you may find an email address, it is as if they do not want you to bother them. Even when you do manage to get a problem looked at they tend to be so cock sure they are right because their systems tell them so. I remind you of those poor subpostmasters/mistresses who fell foul of a dodgy system.

My worst dealing with stupid couriers was Hermes who delivered a package to us in error the only thing similar to the correct address was the house number. There then ensued a series of emails between them and me while they looked into who ****ed up rather than collecting the package and delivering it to their customer. It took the best part of two weeks before the package was collected!

Fortunately we now have a Ring doorbell which picks up all visitors so the €śwe delivered it and gave it to you€ť claim is easily dismissed.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
door bells never work - that's why they don't ring them. I've added a
sign - "please ring bell", but most of them don't.

My door bell push has two superbright LEDs. Clearly visible at all times.

Why do robots get LEDs for eyes? Eyes are supposed to receive light and
not transmit it!

(Yes, I do know that the LED is a reciprocal device and it sensitive to
receive light at the frequency it would transmit it)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:10, gareth evans wrote:
On 28/04/2021 11:06, Fredxx wrote:
On 28/04/2021 09:56, gareth evans wrote:
Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then
receive an email saying not only has it been delivered,
but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING
HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no
to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible
to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct
matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist
that it has been delivered and there is no option against the
purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

That was done to me. Got money back without a quibble.

But HOW did you do that?

A simple phone call.

Amazon website - Contact (at bottom of page) - "We can call you" -
Select item - In drop down box Select "Other questions" and "Something
else" and click on "Phone".

It was a couple of months ago.

Or I might have googled 'Amazon contact phone number' and got 0800 279 7234

Take your choice.

Either way I did well out of it. TBH, if you pay bottom prices for
things you shouldn't expect great service.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 28/04/2021 12:12, Bob Eager wrote:

Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

I like that idea!

Makes a lot more sense to have it ring the bell instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 04:43:34 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Makes a lot more sense to have it ring the bell instead.

It would even make a lot more sense if you finally swallowed your Nembutal
that you bragged about of owning, senile bigmouth!

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:10:48 +0100, gareth evans
wrote:

That was done to me. Got money back without a quibble.

But HOW did you do that?

He went to the Amazon website.
He pressed the button, top right, that says 'Returns & Orders'
He found the relevant order and pressed the 'Problem with order'
button, on the right.
He then followed the instructions, according to his situation. It's
quite simple.