Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody Amazon!

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:48:37 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

On 28 Apr 2021 at 12:48:51 BST, "S Viemeister"
wrote:

On 28/04/2021 12:12, Bob Eager wrote:

Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that
says "PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard
all over the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used,
a loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

I like that idea!

So do I. But rationally, if you are going to fit a switch to the
knocker why not make it operate the bell? An additional voice
announcement is optional: "I told you to use the bell!".

Because I could do all that locally, which makes life easier.

The bell push is wired back to an Arduino (and more) on the floor above.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:51:04 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says
"PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over
the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a
loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

Or make it ring the door bell. ;-)

See previous answer, just made.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 12:21, gareth evans wrote:

Interesting because my Hermes man (Cotton Traders deliveries) takes a
photo of me and the house!

They all seem to take photos but often of the package left on the step
without the recipient. That doesn't stop a dishonest driver taking it
away again and claiming delivery or someone passing seeing and taking it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2021 08:28, alan_m wrote:
On 28/04/2021 12:21, gareth evans wrote:

Interesting because my Hermes man (Cotton Traders deliveries) takes a
photo of me and the house!

They all seem to take photos but often of the package left on the step
without the recipient.* That doesn't stop a dishonest driver taking it
away again and claiming delivery or someone passing seeing and taking it.

Photos I've had from Hermes show the package with an /open/ door behind it.

--
Robin