Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default eyes follow up....

Keep us posted about how it goes.

Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines with
aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines with
aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my migraines with aura
down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate for months so I thought
it might be too much salt ...so I stopped adding salt to my food ...and
I loved my salt...and within a few days my migraines stopped and after a
week my eyes had returned to their normal state...so it was too much
salt ... sodium poisoning.....have to say I never linked my migraines
with aura to too much salt before....I did like my salt though....but no
more if it causes all those problems and more....and my dizziness has
gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Keep us posted about how it goes.

Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines with
aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines with
aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my migraines with aura
down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate for months so I thought
it might be too much salt ...so I stopped adding salt to my food ...and
I loved my salt...and within a few days my migraines stopped and after a
week my eyes had returned to their normal state...so it was too much
salt ...Â* sodium poisoning.....have to say I never linked my migraines
with aura to too much salt before....I did like my salt though....but no
more if it causes all those problems and more....and my dizziness has
gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt

and I found that article AFTER I stopped taking excess salt in my food.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... presented the following explanation :
Keep us posted about how it goes.

Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines with aura
once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines with aura off
and on for about 20 years...I used put my migraines with aura down to
Chocolate but I had been off chocolate for months so I thought it might be
too much salt ...so I stopped adding salt to my food ...and I loved my
salt...and within a few days my migraines stopped and after a week my eyes
had returned to their normal state...so it was too much salt ... sodium
poisoning.....have to say I never linked my migraines with aura to too much
salt before....I did like my salt though....but no more if it causes all
those problems and more....and my dizziness has gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt

I suffer very irregular visual disturbance migraines, maybe once per
month or two, but made more regular by stress. Blanked out areas
vision, zig-zag lines and a slightly distant feeling. It lasts maybe 20
minutes then gone, no headaches usually, ever. I have never found a
causation for it.

I also suffered dizziness for the past couple of years. When I looked
up, when I was busy carrying things back and fourth with lots of
turning around. I noted my BP suddenly falling at those times I became
dizzy. That was until a couple of months ago when they put me on a
bi-annual IV iron, with an iron promotion monthly jab.

The dizziness has almost gone and my BP is remaining much more stable
and I have more energy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

Do you have a home blood pressure machine ?

My acephalgic aura disappeared, after I got my blood pressure under control.

I was getting aura for ten minutes, back
when my pressure was 200 over 100. As soon
as I got on some meds, the aura stopped.
I haven't had an aura since.

The doctors have a variety of stupid advice:

1) "Just ignore it" said one doctor.
I love turnips, but would you like that person for a doctor ?

2) "If it continues, see a neurologist" said the other.
I award points for that answer.

At least at the hospital eye clinic, the intern ran off and
consulted a fully-fledged doctor, to get the name
of the condition right.

But BP is enough to set it off. There are probably
lots of reasons, but that was my reason.

And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator
hose in your car, that bursts when it gets old. My
grandmother died from an event like that, high blood
pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes
places it's not supposed to.

If you don't have a BP machine, see if a doctors
clinic will check it for you. Tell them your aura
symptoms so they'll take you seriously. My clinic
stopped doing BP cuffs in the COVID era, which
is why they may hesitate to measure you (means cleaning
off the cuff, lazy staff, etc).

If you're a "strict stay at home, no risks for me thanks"
person, just order a BP machine and have it delivered.
The little battery machines are relatively cheap.
I could afford one. I check BP twice a day and log
it. The drug store had three prices for them.
It's nice if you can examine the cuff in
advance, as some cuffs are better than others,
but in the COVID era, just getting the machine
is a start. The cuff plugs in via an air hose,
and if there were standards, you could get a
replacement cuff and plug in. The plug in, is
just a compression fit.

The machine uses a colour code. If it's "red", you're
not lookin good. If it's "yellow", you still need to
fix it, but you're not going to die instantly.
It's unlikely to be "green" in your case - I'm
on meds and mine is usually "yellow". When summer
comes and I get outdoors, it goes back to "green".
But stuffed in the house in winter, "yellow" is more common.

If your BP is high enough, your life expectancy
can be as short as two hours. BP can kill. My boss
at work had to hurry off to hospital, because
he was way way up there, and close to frying.

Before they can write a script for meds, you need
a blood test for kidney function. At the hospital,
when they did that test, the results came back in
ten to fifteen minutes or so, making it easy for
the doctor to write me a script and boot me out
the door. That can provide a little relief
until your regular clinic visit. I was put on a
diuretic, until I could see a doctor. And that's
why they check your kidneys aren't marginal,
as the diuretic is the first drug they reach for.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I suffer very irregular visual disturbance migraines, maybe once per
month or two, but made more regular by stress. Blanked out areas vision,
zig-zag lines and a slightly distant feeling. It lasts maybe 20 minutes
then gone, no headaches usually, ever. I have never found a causation
for it.

Same here.
Had a particular spate of it during summer on Sunday mornings while
reading in bed.
So I wondered if it was posture related (restricting blood flow?), or
something to do with the bright light at the window.

I used to suffer with painful migraines as a child but they gave over in
my teenage years where i'd get the aura migraines instead.
I'd lose the power of coherent speech too when I was younger, I'd get
the visual disturbance and then listen to myself talking absolute waffle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Â* Keep us posted about how it goes.
Â*
Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines
with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having
migraines with aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my
migraines with aura down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate
for months so I thought it might be too much salt ...so I stopped
adding salt to my food ...and I loved my salt...and within a few days
my migraines stopped and after a week my eyes had returned to their
normal state...so it was too much salt ...Â* sodium poisoning.....have
to say I never linked my migraines with aura to too much salt
before....I did like my salt though....but no more if it causes all
those problems and more....and my dizziness has gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt

and I found that article AFTER I stopped taking excess salt in my
food.....

Do you have a home blood pressure machine ?

My acephalgic aura disappeared, after I got my blood pressure under
control.

I was getting aura for ten minutes, back
when my pressure was 200 over 100. As soon
as I got on some meds, the aura stopped.
I haven't had an aura since.

The doctors have a variety of stupid advice:

1) "Just ignore it" said one doctor.
Â*Â* I love turnips, but would you like that person for a doctor ?

2) "If it continues, see a neurologist" said the other.
Â*Â* I award points for that answer.

[...]

Â*Â* Paul

my BP is fine ave 128 78 ish
Posted to uk.d-i-y

*
[...]

I used to get the no headache type but lately with headaches......

I also suffered dizziness for the past couple of years. When I looked
up, when I was busy carrying things back and fourth with lots of turning
around. I noted my BP suddenly falling at those times I became dizzy.
That was until a couple of months ago when they put me on a bi-annual IV
iron, with an iron promotion monthly jab.

The dizziness has almost gone and my BP is remaining much more stable
and I have more energy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul presented the following explanation :

2) "If it continues, see a neurologist" said the other.
I award points for that answer.

I had a consultation, + an MRI where they discovered I'd had a minor
stroke long ago, plus a narrowed artery to one side of my face, so they
wanted my BP to not fall too low.

If you're a "strict stay at home, no risks for me thanks"
person, just order a BP machine and have it delivered.
The little battery machines are relatively cheap.
I could afford one. I check BP twice a day and log
it. The drug store had three prices for them.

All good advice and monitors are not expensive in the great scheme of
things. I bought one from Argos, which uses bluetooth to send its
recorded BP to my Iphone. That makes it easy to forward them on to the
medics if they ask for them, which they do quite regularly.

I don't make a point of checking it regularly, rather I check it if I
have concerns, or a change in meds, or during the week before an
appointment - because they always ask for it.

I don't do the measurement at a regular time of day, rather I take
several BP checks at random times, with a note of what I was doing at
the time. That a result of trying to collate why I was going dizzy and
my BP falling under certain circumstances.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

my BP is fine ave 128 78 ish

You'd think if you overdid it on salt, there's
be some reaction.

I don't know about your doctor, but mine seem
to have a fixation on kidney function.

Yet when the blood report shows creatinine at
limit, I asked the doctor and he tells my
"you've got lots of rope left". But that
doesn't stop them from sending me on another
blood test.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 11:49, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

my BP is fine ave 128 78 ish

You'd think if you overdid it on salt, there's
be some reaction.

I don't know about your doctor, but mine seem
to have a fixation on kidney function.

Yet when the blood report shows creatinine at
limit, I asked the doctor and he tells my
"you've got lots of rope left". But that
doesn't stop them from sending me on another
blood test.

High blood pressure destroys kidneys and they don't regenerate like the
liver.

There are multiple stages of kidney failure and I would expect if you
keep your blood pressure within sensible limits your kidneys will
outlive their usefulness.

Do take care.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I had consistent similar symptoms after I had eaten and got hot
following exercise.

One explanation from a consultant is that nerve sheaths lose their
insulation with temperature and so short to their neighbours. I have no
idea if this is actually true and only heard this from one source,
albeit a seemingly respectable one.

I also suffered dizziness for the past couple of years. When I looked
up, when I was busy carrying things back and fourth with lots of turning
around. I noted my BP suddenly falling at those times I became dizzy.
That was until a couple of months ago when they put me on a bi-annual IV
iron, with an iron promotion monthly jab.

The dizziness has almost gone and my BP is remaining much more stable
and I have more energy.

I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then doing
something like running up some stairs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

If you think those are bad: My wife started suffering dizzy spells and
thinking that things in her peripheral vision were coming at her.

She couldn't drive becaus eof it, couldn't travel on public transport
and couldn't take a taxi or get a lift (she could with me, because I was
ready for and to ignore the screams that something was about to hit us
as we passed sideroads!) A bit of a problem for a community nurse!

She was bounced from consultant to consultant, with numerous tests and
eventually, after two years, got a diagnosis and was prescribed
anti-convulsion tablets, that pretty well returned her to normal.

However, we still have a letter from one of the consultants (at about
the 18 month mark), following up two appointments she'd had with him and
confirming his recommendation ... that although he didn't know the
cause, he could take the symptoms away by blinding her, permanently, in
her left eye!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator
hose in your car, that bursts when it gets old. My
grandmother died from an event like that, high blood
pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes
places it's not supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough.
A dissecting aneurysm is where the inner lining of the
aorta comes away from the main 'tube' and blood gets
into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at
their GP in the UK.

People who did a lot of manual work, digging trenches etc
might be more at risk from this as they age.

As you age your blood vessels become less elastic so
get stressed more every time the heart pumps.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 11:49, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

my BP is fine ave 128 78 ish

You'd think if you overdid it on salt, there's
be some reaction.

I don't know about your doctor, but mine seem
to have a fixation on kidney function.

Yet when the blood report shows creatinine at
limit, I asked the doctor and he tells my
"you've got lots of rope left". But that
doesn't stop them from sending me on another
blood test.

Â*Â* Paul

Paul, Jim has had a transplant of something so also
takes a cocktail of pills every day.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 14:01, Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 11:49, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

my BP is fine ave 128 78 ish

You'd think if you overdid it on salt, there's
be some reaction.

I don't know about your doctor, but mine seem
to have a fixation on kidney function.

Yet when the blood report shows creatinine at
limit, I asked the doctor and he tells my
"you've got lots of rope left". But that
doesn't stop them from sending me on another
blood test.

Â*Â*Â* Paul

Paul, Jim has had a transplant of something so also
takes a cocktail of pills every day.

just the liver...Tacrolimus (Prograf)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 14:00, Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator
hose in your car, that bursts when it gets old. My
grandmother died from an event like that, high blood
pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes
places it's not supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough.
A dissecting aneurysm is where the inner lining of the
aorta comes away from the main 'tube' and blood gets
into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at
their GP in the UK.

People who did a lot of manual work, digging trenches etc
might be more at risk from this as they age.

As you age your blood vessels become less elastic so
get stressed more every time the heart pumps.

had mine checked and it it ok
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then doing
something like running up some stairs.

just wish I could feel thirsty ...it is very annoying and I can
dehidrate myself no problem....get a slurping feeling in my heart and
headaches when I do it...most annoying....have to forrce a set amount od
water down me every day or I dehidrate very easily......Oh to be thirsty
again ! ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx formulated the question :
I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then doing
something like running up some stairs.

I did always suffer with that, I think it's quite normal - your body
needs time to prepare for action, from a relaxed state.

This dizziness was quite different, though the same feeling of about to
pass out - looking up at shelves at home or in shops, wondering round
the isles in stores etc. all would triggering and then I would need to
lean on something, or sit until it passed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fredxx formulated the question :
I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then
doing something like running up some stairs.

I did always suffer with that, I think it's quite normal - your body
needs time to prepare for action, from a relaxed state.

This dizziness was quite different, though the same feeling of about to
pass out - looking up at shelves at home or in shops, wondering round
the isles in stores etc. all would triggering and then I would need to
lean on something, or sit until it passed.

The section on Hypertension here, has quite a few names for the conditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hypertension

Thus one covers postural hypertension, where your body doesn't
automatically adjust for your upright position properly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypertension

It means your doctor has to be a whiz at memorizing trivia.

*******

The Hypotension section is much smaller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hypotension

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Fredxx formulated the question :
I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then doing
something like running up some stairs.

I did always suffer with that, I think it's quite normal

No its not and I used to run up stairs all the time.

- your body needs time to prepare for action, from a relaxed state.

Mine didn't.

This dizziness was quite different, though the same feeling of about to
pass out - looking up at shelves at home or in shops, wondering round the
isles in stores etc. all would triggering and then I would need to lean on
something, or sit until it passed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 05:50:04 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

Marland addressing senile Rodent's tall stories:
"Do you really think people believe your stories you come up with to boost
your self esteem."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big bar
of Tony's....no migrains.......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator
hose in your car, that bursts when it gets old. My
grandmother died from an event like that, high blood
pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes
places it's not supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough.
A dissecting aneurysm is where the inner lining of the
aorta comes away from the main 'tube' and blood gets
into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at
their GP in the UK.

No they dont. That would require an ultrasound scan at the very least and
theres no routine testing for this in my area. It might be offered in
some areas but its by no means national.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

The linked article, that's enough salt to choke a horse.

I would "act surprised" if that happened to me.

It's like discovering that drinking a 40 ounce bottle
of Rum as quickly as possible, makes you pass out. Science.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

I might have a new liver but I was never a drinker ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30-01-2021 08:18, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Â* Keep us posted about how it goes.
Â*
Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines
with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines
with aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my migraines with
aura down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate for months so I
thought it might be too much salt ...so I stopped adding salt to my
food ...and I loved my salt...and within a few days my migraines
stopped and after a week my eyes had returned to their normal
state...so it was too much salt ...Â* sodium poisoning.....have to say
I never linked my migraines with aura to too much salt before....I did
like my salt though....but no more if it causes all those problems and
more....and my dizziness has gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ache-symptoms-
migraine-diet-salt-warning-salt

so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big bar
of Tony's....no migrains.......

You had too much juicy organ meat, dick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 08:49, Tim+ wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator
hose in your car, that bursts when it gets old. My
grandmother died from an event like that, high blood
pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes
places it's not supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough.
A dissecting aneurysm is where the inner lining of the
aorta comes away from the main 'tube' and blood gets
into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at
their GP in the UK.

No they dont. That would require an ultrasound scan at the very least and
theres no routine testing for this in my area. It might be offered in
some areas but its by no means national.

Tim

I think they do (now). My GP practise definately does and the NHS
website seems to agree -

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abdomi...ysm-screening/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

No, I was referring to, as a teenager, one of my friends
chugging a pint of vodka. We tried to tell him how stoopid
this was, but at the time, we also didn't know there was
such a thing as alcohol poisoning. If he'd tried that
with a bigger bottle, there's a good chance
he'd have been dead. That's because we carried
him home and put him in bed. To sleep it off.

There was no need to do the experiment... particularly.
It wasn't even a social drinking event, as nobody
else had had a drop of it. He just decided it would
be cool to chug a bottle.

But that's science for you.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...8Muppet%29.jpg

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 10:54, Radio Man wrote:
[...]

keep your perversions for ukra cole .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Feck out working on the Mustang track rod ends there this morning and
bingo a migraine with aura....so much for all my theories.....I give up

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 13:31, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 10:54, Radio Man wrote:
On 30-01-2021 08:18, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Â* Keep us posted about how it goes.
Â*
Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines
with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having
migraines with aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my
migraines with aura down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate
for months so I thought it might be too much salt ...so I stopped
adding salt to my food ...and I loved my salt...and within a few
days my migraines stopped and after a week my eyes had returned to
their normal state...so it was too much salt ...Â* sodium
poisoning.....have to say I never linked my migraines with aura to
too much salt before....I did like my salt though....but no more if
it causes all those problems and more....and my dizziness has gone
as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ache-symptoms-
migraine-diet-salt-warning-salt
so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big
bar of Tony's....no migrains.......

You had too much juicy organ meat, dick.

keep your perversions for ukra cole .....

BTW I won't be back......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
On 30/01/2021 08:49, Tim+ wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
[...]

From 65, not 60 though. Im way too young for it (64) at the moment. ;-)

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:49:21 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator hose in your
car, that bursts when it gets old. My grandmother died from an event
like that, high blood pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes places it's not
supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough. A dissecting
aneurysm is where the inner lining of the aorta comes away from the
main 'tube' and blood gets into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at their GP in
the UK.

No they dont. That would require an ultrasound scan at the very least
and theres no routine testing for this in my area. It might be offered
in some areas but its by no means national.

I certainly had one here. Just got a letter, attended, had the scan,
letter of confirmation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

Off to doctor to see what's not in balance.

Here, a hospital blood test can get results faster
than a clinic-inspired blood test. With the clinic,
the round trip cycle time is three weeks, which is
too long when you're really sick. On the negative
side, the wait at the hospital can be forever.
Four to eight hours at my local (ten minutes walk from
the house). Since seasonal flu is not at the usual
winter levels, there will be fewer seats with bums
on them at the moment at hospital.

On the plus side (I checked a while back), my clinic
is mostly empty. Empty of patients, empty of doctors.
Very little work going on. I got prescriptions there.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:41, R D S wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I suffer very irregular visual disturbance migraines, maybe once per
month or two, but made more regular by stress. Blanked out areas
vision, zig-zag lines and a slightly distant feeling. It lasts maybe
20 minutes then gone, no headaches usually, ever. I have never found a
causation for it.

Same here.

Same here, had them since I was a kid. Quite mild just a sightly fuzzy
bit, can't focus properly, makes reading hard, lasts 25 minutes. I get
them a few times a year. Last year I had three in a few hours. It used
to freak me out, I thought I was having a stroke.

Asked a doctor, he looked bored, told me to see optician.

Asked optician, he wanted me to get bifocals.

Asked Google, described my symptoms perfectly, even with a picture.

Mentioned it to family and friends and they said "me too".

Why couldn't the doctor have told me what it was, given it seems to be
very common.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

So what ****ed your liver ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 06:45:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile Australian asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Marland addressing senile Rodent's tall stories:
"Do you really think people believe your stories you come up with to boost
your self esteem."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 29 January 2021 at 14:00:20 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator
hose in your car, that bursts when it gets old. My
grandmother died from an event like that, high blood
pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes
places it's not supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough.
A dissecting aneurysm is where the inner lining of the
aorta comes away from the main 'tube' and blood gets
into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at
their GP in the UK.

You are, I suspect, joking! Neither I nor partner has been offered any sort of checkup. No well man. No well woman. Partner hasn't seen a doctor for over ten years despite having at least two health issues. I have seen doctors but no general checkup - only specific for issues. This time has covered ages 60 to 65 for both of us. And moving to a new GP surgery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Dont hang yourself where the little kids can find you.

Drive over a big cliff in the stang, just make sure there is no beach below
it first,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
news
[...]

Bit radical......

Help with screw eyes [email protected] Woodworking 10 November 4th 05 06:23 AM
Men [rolls eyes] Suz UK diy 25 October 11th 05 11:17 PM
The "Made My Eyes Pop" Auction of the Week Jason Quick Woodworking 1 May 25th 05 02:22 PM
Magic Eyes and Diplex Plates [email protected] UK diy 1 February 11th 05 12:08 PM
Smoke smell from A/C? Eyes burning. jan Home Repair 7 November 18th 03 03:04 AM