Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default eyes follow up....

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:49:21 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Andrew wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:31, Paul wrote:
And as for blood pressure, high BP is like that radiator hose in your
car, that bursts when it gets old. My grandmother died from an event
like that, high blood pressure ripping apart some blood vessel and she
bled out internally. That's called "dissection",
when part of your plumbing bursts and blood goes places it's not
supposed to.

Aortic aneurysm. Can be repaired if caught early enough. A dissecting
aneurysm is where the inner lining of the aorta comes away from the
main 'tube' and blood gets into the void. Also a surgical emergency.

Everyone (?males) at age 60-ish gets a checkup for this at their GP in
the UK.

No they dont. That would require an ultrasound scan at the very least
and theres no routine testing for this in my area. It might be offered
in some areas but its by no means national.

I certainly had one here. Just got a letter, attended, had the scan,
letter of confirmation.