Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chyyyyna order

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

They're doing you a favour. HMRC should be charging VAT on import and
the carrier would usually add an admin charge, in the region of £10.

For me it's brill, as I can generally reclaim the VAT and don't get
stung by an admin fee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart wrote

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7 VAT
...never done that before....

Thats one of the consequences of brexit, the supplier
has to collect the VAT now and remit it to the tax man.

guess it's time to stop buying stuff.......

Only if you are stupid.

why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

See above.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:09, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

They're doing you a favour. HMRC should be charging VAT on import and
the carrier would usually add an admin charge, in the region of £10.

For me it's brill, as I can generally reclaim the VAT and don't get
stung by an admin fee.

never paid vat on a small orders like that from china before....don't
get why brexit is now affecting small orders from china that were just
delivered without the vat and £8 admin po charge ?????
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:18, Tim Streater wrote:
On 11 Jan 2021 at 18:01:04 GMT, Jimmy Stewart
wrote:

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

They are collecting up the dots from your posts, making shotgun cartridges out
of them, and shooting the delivery people. So it's all your fault.

ha ha...funny

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:23, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:19, Rod Speed wrote:
Jimmy Stewart wrote

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added
$7 VAT ...never done that before....

Thats one of the consequences of brexit, the supplier
has to collect the VAT now and remit it to the tax man.

guess it's time to stop buying stuff.......

Only if you are stupid.

why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

See above.

buy why?

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/202...+Radio+News%29

bugger that for a game of soldiers.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 05:19:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimmy Stewart" wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 18:23, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:19, Rod Speed wrote:
Jimmy Stewart wrote

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....

Thats one of the consequences of brexit, the supplier
has to collect the VAT now and remit it to the tax man.

guess it's time to stop buying stuff.......

Only if you are stupid.

why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

See above.

buy why?

but why ?

Boris decided that that will see more VAT collected on imports.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimmy Stewart" wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 18:09, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

They're doing you a favour. HMRC should be charging VAT on import and the
carrier would usually add an admin charge, in the region of £10.

For me it's brill, as I can generally reclaim the VAT and don't get stung
by an admin fee.

never paid vat on a small orders like that from china before....don't get
why brexit is now affecting small orders from china that were just
delivered without the vat and £8 admin po charge ?????

Because thats h ow Boris has decided to do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

I've never paid VAT buying from China. I tend to by direct Aliexpress,
etc. But generally small stuff £50.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 06:26:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent Speed:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 06:25:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

More senile "wisdom" from the senile Australian bull**** artist:
"Some things are much harder to do than others."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 19:36, Pancho wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

I've never paid VAT buying from China. I tend to by direct Aliexpress,
etc. But generally small stuff £50.

me neither but you will now .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 20:20, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
On 11/01/2021 19:36, Pancho wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added
$7 VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

I've never paid VAT buying from China. I tend to by direct Aliexpress,
etc. But generally small stuff £50.

me neither but you will now .....

How do you know? I understand you were charged by EBay but how are you
extrapolating this to everything?

It seems reasonable that as IT tracking systems improve VAT would be
added, but if they are doing this to every Aliexpress sale to the UK, it
would be in Aliexpress' interests to handle it at point of sale, like
Ebay did for you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 20:42, Pancho wrote:
On 11/01/2021 20:20, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
On 11/01/2021 19:36, Pancho wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added
$7 VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

I've never paid VAT buying from China. I tend to by direct
Aliexpress, etc. But generally small stuff £50.

me neither but you will now .....

How do you know? I understand you were charged by EBay but how are you
extrapolating this to everything?

It seems reasonable that as IT tracking systems improve VAT would be
added, but if they are doing this to every Aliexpress sale to the UK, it
would be in Aliexpress' interests to handle it at point of sale, like
Ebay did for you.

The *******s ebay or the seller don't even tell you that they are going
to charge you 20% vat before you commit to buy....do you think the
chinese sellers are going to pass the vat on to the government ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pancho wrote:
How do you know? I understand you were charged by EBay but how are you
extrapolating this to everything?

Aliexpress say:

"From 11PM 31 December 2020, AliExpress is required by law to collect UK
Value-Added Tax (VAT) at the applicable rate and remit to the UK tax
authority when goods are sold to UK customers (i) where the goods are
located outside the UK at the point of sale with a consignment value of
GBP135 or less, or (ii) where the goods are in the UK at the point of sale,
but sold by an overseas seller. For more information, please visit:"
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-and-...1-january-2021

It seems reasonable that as IT tracking systems improve VAT would be
added, but if they are doing this to every Aliexpress sale to the UK, it
would be in Aliexpress' interests to handle it at point of sale, like
Ebay did for you.

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:22, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:09, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added
$7 VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

They're doing you a favour. HMRC should be charging VAT on import and
the carrier would usually add an admin charge, in the region of £10.

For me it's brill, as I can generally reclaim the VAT and don't get
stung by an admin fee.

never paid vat on a small orders like that from china before....don't
get why brexit is now affecting small orders from china that were just
delivered without the vat and £8 admin po charge ?????

Previous rules allowed a minimum value of £15 before duty was payable.
Some retialers like Tesco would ship CDs from offshore to bypass VAT.
That means your import should have attracted VAT and a courier admin charge.

Many Chinese sellers are already VAT registered, though my experience of
them is they are typically unwilling to provide a VAT invoice.

I don't see the issue, it makes legitimate UK products competitive on a
level playing ground. You seem to want your cake and eat it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim Stewart ..." wrote in message
[...]

Its ebay that does that, the chinese sellers never see it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 11/01/2021, Fredxx supposed :
Many Chinese sellers are already VAT registered, though my experience of them
is they are typically unwilling to provide a VAT invoice.

If you ask for a VAT receipt, likely they will supply it VAT free to
avoid providing the receipt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 22:05, Theo wrote:

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Theo

Cool, thanks Theo. Taxes and duties applied at point of sale certainly
seems to be the way to go. I was surprised that the Brexit commentaries
made such a big deal of extra red tape. I imagined international tariffs
and taxes could and should be largely automated.

A few teething problems but not much more.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 09:44 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SEVEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 09:44:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

09:44?? So you've been up and trolling ALL NIGHT and ALL MORNING, yet again,
you subnormal senile swine! tsk

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 22:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 11/01/2021, Fredxx supposed :
Many Chinese sellers are already VAT registered, though my experience
of them is they are typically unwilling to provide a VAT invoice.

If you ask for a VAT receipt, likely they will supply it VAT free to
avoid providing the receipt.

Some play silly buggers, others refund the VAT element.

Only a few do seem willing to put a VAT number on the invoice :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 22:05, Theo wrote:

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Theo

Cool, thanks Theo. Taxes and duties applied at point of sale certainly
seems to be the way to go. I was surprised that the Brexit commentaries
made such a big deal of extra red tape. I imagined international tariffs
and taxes could and should be largely automated.

Yes but the smaller operations getting VAT registered
is a problem and it wouldnt be surprising if some just
decided that their sales to the UK didnt warrant the
hassle. In fact some have already decided that.

Corse they can operate thru ebay or amazon and
let ebay and amazon do the VAT **** for them.

A few teething problems but not much more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2021 00:19, Rod Speed wrote:

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 22:05, Theo wrote:

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Theo

Cool, thanks Theo. Taxes and duties applied at point of sale certainly
seems to be the way to go. I was surprised that the Brexit
commentaries made such a big deal of extra red tape. I imagined
international tariffs and taxes could and should be largely automated.

Yes but the smaller operations getting VAT registered
is a problem and it wouldnt be surprising if some just
decided that their sales to the UK didnt warrant the
hassle.

It takes one form to register.

In fact some have already decided that.

Probably because a VAT inclusive price can't compete.

Corse they can operate thru ebay or amazon and
let ebay and amazon do the VAT **** for them.

I have no idea how this works, but their paperwork can't be too complex
for overseas sellers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Pancho wrote
Theo wrote

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Cool, thanks Theo. Taxes and duties applied at point of sale certainly
seems to be the way to go. I was surprised that the Brexit commentaries
made such a big deal of extra red tape. I imagined international tariffs
and taxes could and should be largely automated.

Yes but the smaller operations getting VAT registered
is a problem and it wouldnt be surprising if some just
decided that their sales to the UK didnt warrant the
hassle.

It takes one form to register.

But a lot more work to update your software to handle it.

In fact some have already decided that.

Probably because a VAT inclusive price can't compete.

Nope, because its too much hassle
for the low volume of sales to the UK.

Corse they can operate thru ebay or amazon and
let ebay and amazon do the VAT **** for them.

But them both grab a slice of the margin.

I have no idea how this works, but their paperwork can't be too complex
for overseas sellers.

Correct, but they both grab a slice of the margin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:01:04 +0000, Jimmy Stewart wrote:

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

Depends if they send it as a gift..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 22:05, Theo wrote:
Pancho wrote:
[...]

thanks for that .....oh well I refuse to give the gov 20% for chinky junk...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 22:06, Fredxx wrote:
[...]

just won't bey buying any more from chyyyna....don't mind paying 20% if
it is shipped from the UK .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

imagine you had £35 in your account and you buy something from chyyyyna
on ebay for £34 the *******s don't tell you that they are adding 20% vat
before you push the buy now button.....anyway ebay usually tell you
about every stupid minor change to their systems but there was nothing
about VAT in their messages ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Busi...1/td-p/6736856
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2021 07:35, jon wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:01:04 +0000, Jimmy Stewart wrote:

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

Depends if they send it as a gift..

nope no more gifts.....that has been stopped
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2021 08:36, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Busi...1/td-p/6736856

so no gifts and EVERYTHING under £135 they stick on vat at ordering
stage over £135 you pay on delivery

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jon" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:01:04 +0000, Jimmy Stewart wrote:

Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

Depends if they send it as a gift..

Nope, the tax monkeys have never bought that line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added $7
VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

imagine you had £35 in your account and you buy something from chyyyyna
on ebay for £34 the *******s don't tell you that they are adding 20% vat
before you push the buy now button.....anyway ebay usually tell you
about every stupid minor change to their systems but there was nothing
about VAT in their messages ....

you should be happy; it's one of the benefits of Brexit.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FLUSH yet more of the trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 20:12:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Depends if they send it as a gift..

Nope

LOL! Sick idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

In which order? - refitting kitchen simulet UK diy 8 February 24th 04 06:19 PM
Decorating order Rich UK diy 2 February 6th 04 12:33 PM
Where to order loft insulation online Bill Gardener UK diy 4 December 8th 03 09:10 PM
Mail order limbo - an extra dimension? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 22 November 17th 03 08:05 PM