Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Chyyyyna order

On 12/01/2021 00:19, Rod Speed wrote:

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 22:05, Theo wrote:

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Theo

Cool, thanks Theo. Taxes and duties applied at point of sale certainly
seems to be the way to go. I was surprised that the Brexit
commentaries made such a big deal of extra red tape. I imagined
international tariffs and taxes could and should be largely automated.

Yes but the smaller operations getting VAT registered
is a problem and it wouldnt be surprising if some just
decided that their sales to the UK didnt warrant the
hassle.

It takes one form to register.

In fact some have already decided that.

Probably because a VAT inclusive price can't compete.

Corse they can operate thru ebay or amazon and
let ebay and amazon do the VAT **** for them.

I have no idea how this works, but their paperwork can't be too complex
for overseas sellers.