Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Chyyyyna order

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 11/01/2021 22:05, Theo wrote:

It's the law for them to do that - UK law now, rest of EU in July.
(the EU postponed their date due to the pandemic, the UK didn't due to
Brexit)
https://www.pwc.lu/en/newsletter/202...ules-2021.html

Theo

Cool, thanks Theo. Taxes and duties applied at point of sale certainly
seems to be the way to go. I was surprised that the Brexit commentaries
made such a big deal of extra red tape. I imagined international tariffs
and taxes could and should be largely automated.

Yes but the smaller operations getting VAT registered
is a problem and it wouldnt be surprising if some just
decided that their sales to the UK didnt warrant the
hassle. In fact some have already decided that.

Corse they can operate thru ebay or amazon and
let ebay and amazon do the VAT **** for them.

A few teething problems but not much more.