Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Chyyyyna order

On 11/01/2021 20:20, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
On 11/01/2021 19:36, Pancho wrote:
On 11/01/2021 18:01, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Just ordered something from Chyyyna at $35 post free and ebay added
$7 VAT ...never done that before....guess it's time to stop buying
stuff.......why is brexit affecting stuff from Chyyyyna ? ...

I've never paid VAT buying from China. I tend to by direct Aliexpress,
etc. But generally small stuff £50.

me neither but you will now .....

How do you know? I understand you were charged by EBay but how are you
extrapolating this to everything?

It seems reasonable that as IT tracking systems improve VAT would be
added, but if they are doing this to every Aliexpress sale to the UK, it
would be in Aliexpress' interests to handle it at point of sale, like
Ebay did for you.