Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drayton Digistat RF3 failed

The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even from close
range. The batteries were OK but I put in new one (2 batteries of 2 AA cells
each) just in case. It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing
this? I don't have any radio gear at all.

If I have to replace it, there was one recommended in here a few years ago -
a lot cheaper than the Drayton - and I bookmarked it but now can't find it.
Can anybody recall what it was, please.

Now , what would be a good, easy to use, sort to get? Although this is 7 day
a 1 day would do. It's for a combi.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2020 22:53, PeterC wrote:
The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even from close
range. The batteries were OK but I put in new one (2 batteries of 2 AA cells
each) just in case. It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing
this? I don't have any radio gear at all.

If I have to replace it, there was one recommended in here a few years ago -
a lot cheaper than the Drayton - and I bookmarked it but now can't find it.
Can anybody recall what it was, please.

Now , what would be a good, easy to use, sort to get? Although this is 7 day
a 1 day would do. It's for a combi.

We have a Salus. I's been fine for the couple of years we've had it.
I've replaced the batteries in the transmitter once.
https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/salus-m-22.html/salus-rt510rf-wireless-programmable-thermostat.html

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:32:11 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 18/11/2020 22:53, PeterC wrote:
The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even from close
range. The batteries were OK but I put in new one (2 batteries of 2 AA cells
each) just in case. It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing
this? I don't have any radio gear at all.

If I have to replace it, there was one recommended in here a few years ago -
a lot cheaper than the Drayton - and I bookmarked it but now can't find it.
Can anybody recall what it was, please.

Now , what would be a good, easy to use, sort to get? Although this is 7 day
a 1 day would do. It's for a combi.

We have a Salus. I's been fine for the couple of years we've had it.
I've replaced the batteries in the transmitter once.
https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/salus-m-22.html/salus-rt510rf-wireless-programmable-thermostat.html

Thanks, that looks like the one. Pity that I can't find out what's wrong
with the Drayton; the receiver seems to function - all the buttons work and
the override is what I'm using for manual on/off.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 09:08, PeterC wrote:
[...]

perhaps you need to re-pair the reciever and transmitter again or check
what radio channel number both are set to? (they should be the same)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 09:08:22 +0000, PeterC wrote:

The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even

from
close range.

One can be too close but not likely.

It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing this? I

don't
have any radio gear at all.

That'll be 433 MHz BWTH. If you have USB DTTV stick it might have the
right chipset for the Software Defined Radio (SDR) sofwater to work.
You'd then be able to see the bursts of RF data.

Pity that I can't find out what's wrong with the Drayton; the receiver
seems to function - all the buttons work and the override is what I'm
using for manual on/off.

An the stat also appears to work with display, adjustment etc. Have
you tried any pairing proceedure?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2020 22:53, PeterC wrote:
The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even from close
range. The batteries were OK but I put in new one (2 batteries of 2 AA cells
each) just in case. It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing
this? I don't have any radio gear at all.

Have you gone through the wireless re-pairing sequence again or are you
just assuming that the two units will still be connected after a battery
change?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:

If I have to replace it, there was one recommended in here a few years ago -
a lot cheaper than the Drayton

Don't buy the Honeywell CM927, I hear the LCD fails :-)

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.d-i-y/search?q=CM927
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

At our previous place about 10 years ago the Drayton failed after a
couple of years (IIRC it was the receiver rather than the transmitter).
I replaced it with a Sunvic, which was a pain to set up (unclear
instructions) but once set up worked faultlessly for three years.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 09:12:43 +0000, No Name wrote:

[...]

Full procedure on receiver - OK - full pairing procedure - FA.
Flow chart confirms failure of transmitter.
It was fitted 21 years ago all but about 3 weeks so it ain't done too badly.

Salus RT510 on order from Ebay, due Mon. - Tues.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Now, I /must/ remember to turn off
the boiler!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 14:32:59 UTC, PeterC wrote:
[...]

A common failure is the big capacitor in the receiver. Available on Ebay for just over £4
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 12:54:13 -0800 (PST), JohnW wrote:

A common failure is the big capacitor in the receiver. Available on Ebay for just over £4

The receiver seems to be working on all functions and tests.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Ordered the Salus 510 yesterday morning with delivery for Mon./Tues.
Delivered about 1 pm today.
Haven't had time to fit it due to finishing another bit of wiring and too
close to PVR due to come on (priorities...).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 4:53:19 PM UTC-6, PeterC wrote:
The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even from close
range. The batteries were OK but I put in new one (2 batteries of 2 AA cells
each) just in case. It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing
this? I don't have any radio gear at all.

If I have to replace it,

Maybe put her somewhere in the yard?

have you tried to clean stuff
that always ends up my problem when equipment stops talking.

mk5000

whose house you saved with your axes that slumber
beside you and a single hose stretched to the limit,
now slack). But any mother (anyone) can recognize
this: the way you curl against the ground while catastrophe--

Amy Miller

TO THE FIREFIGHTERS SLEEPING IN THE YARD

Drayton RF3 Wireless Roomstat - Wont Learn! David P UK diy 4 October 25th 05 07:27 PM
Drayton Digistat SCR and RF3 problem Peter UK diy 2 January 18th 05 05:58 PM
Instructions for Drayton Digistat 3 Neil UK diy 2 December 27th 03 01:11 AM
Digistat SCR/RF3 Learn Mode? A UK diy 1 December 8th 03 07:42 AM
Drayton Digistat Propotional Control Marc Jennings UK diy 3 December 5th 03 09:26 AM