Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drayton Digistat RF3 failed

On 19/11/2020 09:08, PeterC wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:32:11 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 18/11/2020 22:53, PeterC wrote:
The programmale 'stat is no longer talking to the receiver, even from close
range. The batteries were OK but I put in new one (2 batteries of 2 AA cells
each) just in case. It used 333MHz signal, so is there any way of testing
this? I don't have any radio gear at all.

If I have to replace it, there was one recommended in here a few years ago -
a lot cheaper than the Drayton - and I bookmarked it but now can't find it.
Can anybody recall what it was, please.

Now , what would be a good, easy to use, sort to get? Although this is 7 day
a 1 day would do. It's for a combi.

We have a Salus. I's been fine for the couple of years we've had it.
I've replaced the batteries in the transmitter once.
https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/salus-m-22.html/salus-rt510rf-wireless-programmable-thermostat.html

Thanks, that looks like the one. Pity that I can't find out what's wrong
with the Drayton; the receiver seems to function - all the buttons work and
the override is what I'm using for manual on/off.

At our previous place about 10 years ago the Drayton failed after a
couple of years (IIRC it was the receiver rather than the transmitter).
I replaced it with a Sunvic, which was a pain to set up (unclear
instructions) but once set up worked faultlessly for three years.

--

Jeff