Junior Member

Default Drayton Digistat SCR and RF3 problem

We have a Bosch RX2 boiler controller by a Drayton Digistat SCR with the RF3 room stat. The system had been working for several years but recently a problem has started with the red alarm LED on the SCR being on most of the time -- and the room stat not controlling the boiler.

I've replaced the room stat batteries and retrained the SCR. Intermittently the room stat will manage to get a signal to the controller. However, it's not often enough to be useful. (Currently we're using the override button to control the system manually and I've taken the batteries out of the RF3.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
John

"Peter" wrote in message

We have a Bosch RX2 boiler controller by a Drayton Digistat SCR with the
RF3 room stat. The system had been working for several years but
recently a problem has started with the red alarm LED on the SCR being
on most of the time -- and the room stat not controlling the boiler.

I've replaced the room stat batteries and retrained the SCR.
Intermittently the room stat will manage to get a signal to the
controller. However, it's not often enough to be useful. (Currently
we're using the override button to control the system manually and I've
taken the batteries out of the RF3.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have any of your neighbours recently installed the same controller and by
misfortune and coincidence have the same encoding?

Junior Member

Would this give the "alarm" light being on or just strange changes to what we think our boiler should do? Also, with our controller off, nothing seems to be telling the SCR anything.

The Drayton system's meant to allow for multiple transmitters and receivers so it should be bother by "interference". It's more as if no signal at all is reaching our SCR (it expects regular notifications from the remote) most of the time.