John

"Peter" wrote in message

We have a Bosch RX2 boiler controller by a Drayton Digistat SCR with the
RF3 room stat. The system had been working for several years but
recently a problem has started with the red alarm LED on the SCR being
on most of the time -- and the room stat not controlling the boiler.

I've replaced the room stat batteries and retrained the SCR.
Intermittently the room stat will manage to get a signal to the
controller. However, it's not often enough to be useful. (Currently
we're using the override button to control the system manually and I've
taken the batteries out of the RF3.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have any of your neighbours recently installed the same controller and by
misfortune and coincidence have the same encoding?