Old August 2nd 20, 03:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Delivery tracking app for Android

Which Android app is best for tracking an expected delivery from a UK
courier - including Royal Mail and Parcelforce?

Reviews discuss Aftership, 17Track and ParcelTrack but they don't
specifically cover the UK, where I believe the Royal Mail in the past has
been unwilling to share its tracking data with third parties.

Old August 2nd 20, 03:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 15:36, Pamela wrote:
Which Android app is best for tracking an expected delivery from a UK
courier - including Royal Mail and Parcelforce?

None - Roayl Mail tracking only tells you that the parcel has been
posted and the parcel has been delivered. If Royal mail doesn't input
the on-route data no app will tell you where it is. Parcelforce employ
illiterate non-english speaking drivers who can only scribble a
fictional post office name/address when leaving a "not in" card.

Many of the other couriers have their own tracking, often giving one
hour slots and the current location of the delivery vehicle.

Old August 2nd 20, 05:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m formulated on Sunday :
None - Roayl Mail tracking only tells you that the parcel has been posted and
the parcel has been delivered. If Royal mail doesn't input the on-route data
no app will tell you where it is. Parcelforce employ illiterate non-english
speaking drivers who can only scribble a fictional post office name/address
when leaving a "not in" card.

Not around here, they are all very local people.
Old August 2nd 20, 08:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 15:49:36 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 02/08/2020 15:36, Pamela wrote:
Which Android app is best for tracking an expected delivery from a UK
courier - including Royal Mail and Parcelforce?

None - Roayl Mail tracking only tells you that the parcel has been
posted and the parcel has been delivered. If Royal mail doesn't input
the on-route data no app will tell you where it is. Parcelforce employ
illiterate non-english speaking drivers who can only scribble a
fictional post office name/address when leaving a "not in" card.

Many of the other couriers have their own tracking, often giving one
hour slots and the current location of the delivery vehicle.

Royal Mail tracking varies depending on what has been paid for/agreed with the sender. Yes, sometimes it only reveals that the item has been delivered and nothing before.

Bizarrely, some of the most detailed RM tracking I have seen has been via Aliexpress (or their default delivery) where I have seen fine details both en route and within the UK.

As for staff, so far as I am concerned we have no problems with any of the companies. Most are extremely friendly and helpful, the worst are perfectly adequate. PF, RM, Hermes, DPD, and several others.

Old August 2nd 20, 08:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20:02 2 Aug 2020, polygonum_on_google said:
[...]

Amazon seems to get timely feedback about delivery on packages it sends via
Royal Mail. I would like an app that can do this for RM packages in general
plus other couriers.

Old August 2nd 20, 08:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Pamela
wrote:
[...]

I get told by RM very promptly that my parcel; has been delivered. Same
goes for most other carriers. The info comes by email; it doesn't need
another app.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old August 2nd 20, 09:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

Roayl Mail tracking only tells you that the parcel has been posted and
the parcel has been delivered

Depends on the service, I've had royal mail deliveries with full
tracking from collection, through various depots and notification when
it's out for delivery and a 1 hour slot.
Old August 2nd 20, 09:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Pamela wrote:

which Android app is best for tracking an expected delivery from a UK
courier

a web browser?
Old August 2nd 20, 11:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20:49 2 Aug 2020, charles said:

In article , Pamela
wrote:
[...]

What system have you signed up to? I am talkig about receiving parcels.

Old August 2nd 20, 11:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21:17 2 Aug 2020, Andy Burns said:

Pamela wrote:

which Android app is best for tracking an expected delivery from a UK
courier

a web browser?

It doesn't give notifications on the progress of the journey. Those Android
apps (which cover many couriers) give an alert when the parcel has reached
and leaves a depot or is in transit.