Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Delivery tracking app for Android

Pamela wrote:

On 18:43 4 Aug 2020, Tim+ said:

Pamela wrote:

You and I discussed some of this in this group last August in a thread
called "Royal Mail - Track and Trace fail". Since then I see lower
value packages getting tracked and wonder if a third-party app can now
follow the progress of a UK delivery by any courier.

Ah yes, that was when I was a sender, not a recipient.

I figured people on a DIY group might be ordering parts all the time from
various UK suppliers using different couriers.

I suspect we do, but most seem happy to use tracking website links that
are sent out.

Some amazon suppliers (or some couriers) end up notifying in different
ways, e.g. I bought two items from one amazon seller (not fulfilled by
amazon) expecting a single delivery, but the seller contacted me to say
that since one item was very long it had to come via parcelforce instead
of royalmail. parcel force sent SMS "on its way" and "out for delivery
today" messages to my landline, which no other courier has done.