Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Delivery tracking app for Android

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 15:49:36 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 02/08/2020 15:36, Pamela wrote:
Which Android app is best for tracking an expected delivery from a UK
courier - including Royal Mail and Parcelforce?

None - Roayl Mail tracking only tells you that the parcel has been
posted and the parcel has been delivered. If Royal mail doesn't input
the on-route data no app will tell you where it is. Parcelforce employ
illiterate non-english speaking drivers who can only scribble a
fictional post office name/address when leaving a "not in" card.

Many of the other couriers have their own tracking, often giving one
hour slots and the current location of the delivery vehicle.

Royal Mail tracking varies depending on what has been paid for/agreed with the sender. Yes, sometimes it only reveals that the item has been delivered and nothing before.

Bizarrely, some of the most detailed RM tracking I have seen has been via Aliexpress (or their default delivery) where I have seen fine details both en route and within the UK.

As for staff, so far as I am concerned we have no problems with any of the companies. Most are extremely friendly and helpful, the worst are perfectly adequate. PF, RM, Hermes, DPD, and several others.