Old February 15th 20, 12:30 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:12:06 +1100, jon lopgel, better known as cantankerous

Not hard to use a screw extractor.

Certainly not as hard as making you driveling senile idiot shut up for good!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Old February 15th 20, 12:32 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:13:56 +1100, jon lopgel, better known as cantankerous

But would attract considerable attention
to themselves when doing that and there
are clearly surveillance cameras there.

Oh, ****! And this little thread was Rodent-free, so far! tsk

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Old February 15th 20, 02:06 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Securing a gate . . .

wrote in message
On 13/02/2020 21:49, RJH wrote:
Having just had a neighbour's break-in (keys to car stolen, nothing
else), and
caught on camera several quite open casing-the-joint forays into our
between
the houses passageway (my Audi's next, apparently), we've just had a
metal
gate fitted. It's fine, quite substantial.

However, the latch and hinges are fitted with easy to remove hex nuts
(fixing
the adjustable screw hinge) and bolts (holding the latch and hinge pins
to the
brick wall).

I'd drop a spot of weld to the various bits if I had the kit and skill -
but I
don't. Any recommendations for a supplier and type of secure nuts and
bolts?
They don't have to be the last word in security - really, the padlockable
latch isn't that secure.

Cheers, Rob

If the bad guys have a battery angle grinder then they can go through most
things quite quickly (albeit noisily). I lost a padlock key recently and
it took much less than a minute to cut through the staple. Could you use a
different style of lock, rather than a padlock? Alternatively, shipping
containers have a hardened steel cover over the lock, which is completely
inside the cover - search for "lock box".

Yeah, our locked fire trail booms have the padlock
inside a big steel cylinder so there is no way to use
an angle grinder on the padlock and no one who
wants to get thru one has to worry about any noise.

Old February 15th 20, 09:46 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 12:06:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, our locked fire trail

This is a UK ng, in case you haven't noticed yet, you trolling senile
Arsetralian cretin!

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Old February 15th 20, 09:50 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 February 2020 13:36:39 UTC, wrote:
On 13/02/2020 21:49, RJH wrote:
[...]

Padlocks are often very easy to undo silently. Something better is called for if anything more than casual offputting security is wanted.

NT