Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Securing a gate . . .

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:49:25 +0000 (UTC), RJH wrote:

They don't have to be the last word in security - really, the padlockable
latch isn't that secure.

I have a grate secured with Torx screws, a round head like the head of a coach
bolt, only with a regular Torx recess. These came with small aluminum slugs that
one is to hammer into the recess. I touched up the head with zinc paint, and the
slug is not longer apparent.

I had to remove the screw screw, and gently drilling out the aluminum middle,
and then picking out the bits in the grooves is possible, given time, patience,
and the knowledge of the ally slug. Thieves would likely have none of the
above...

Recessed hex would work just as well, I think.

Thomas Prufer