Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

Default Hotpoint washing machine.

I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2019 17:45, TMH wrote:
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

Think I had this when I accidentally used that compartment., It was
partially blocked with caked powder

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMH wrote:

I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

The conditioner compartment has a rounded cap over a tube, which forms a
syphon, remove the cap and soak it in hot water to de-gunge it occasionally.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Remove the tray and clean the conditioner compartment, then clean it again.
You can test the function as when you add water to the compartment there will become a point when the water starts to siphon and shouldn't stop until compartment is empty

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/05/2019 17:57, Andy Burns wrote:
TMH wrote:

I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the
conditioner into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

The conditioner compartment has a rounded cap over a tube, which forms a
syphon, remove the cap and soak it in hot water to de-gunge it
occasionally.

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/05/2019 18:08, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

He does know how to tell the individual who does touch it how to use it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called
on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use
less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
is as soft as it comes.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called
on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use
less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc? Or are they all "chewing
gum grey" now?! ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called
on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use
less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc? Or are they all "chewing
gum grey" now?! ;-)

She looks after them for me.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K.." wrote in message
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called
on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use
less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc?

Never been stupid enough to buy any and neither were my parents either.

Or are they all "chewing gum grey" now?! ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2019 17:45, TMH wrote:
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

Do you use concentrated fabric softener? If so I found they clog the
syphon after a while. Tried adding water after putting the conditioner
in the machine. But that didn't work too well as it it didn't mix in
the drawer. So we now keep an old bottle in which to dilute it (2 water
to 1 conditioner) ready to use.

Mind you, this is with a washing machine that's 15 years old. More
recent ones may cope better with 'gloop'.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 May 2019 03:33:13 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

He does know how to tell the individual who does touch it how to use it.

What do YOU "know" other than the sick senile contents of your sick senile
"mind", senile Rodent?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called
on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use
less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc? Or are they all "chewing
gum grey" now?! ;-)

She looks after them for me.

Natch...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2019 19:41, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim K.." wrote in message
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use,Â* "Daily Quick"Â* it's called
Â*on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display.Â* I use
Â*less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
Â*is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc?

Never been stupid enough to buy any and neither were my parents either.

Any stupidity is not being able to keep them white. Obviously your
grandparents have a lot to answer for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Jim K.." wrote in message
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use,Â* "Daily Quick"Â* it's called
Â*on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display.Â* I use
Â*less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
Â*is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc?

Never been stupid enough to buy any and neither were my parents either.

Sorry to tell you this.

But the bloke you call Dad is not your real Dad.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMH wrote:
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the
conditioner into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

Don't use washing powder, it ****s everything up.
Use tablets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 May 2019 18:05:56 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
The conditioner compartment has a rounded cap over a tube, which forms a
syphon, remove the cap and soak it in hot water to de-gunge it
occasionally.

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no load.

AFAIK the water is heated inside the drum. The detergent syphon only gets incoming cold water.

Unless yours is plumbed into the hot, of course.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K.." wrote in message
ARW wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

Thought you never touched the washing machine?

I am allowed to use the Quick Wash. Just not the other fancy washes.

--
Adam

That's all I ever want or need to use, "Daily Quick" it's called
on my machine, takes 39 minutes according to the display. I use
less than half the recommended dose of powder too. The water here
is as soft as it comes.

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc?

Never been stupid enough to buy any and neither were my parents either.

Any stupidity is not being able to keep them white.

Only a fool is stupid enough to bother.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 May 2019 04:41:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc?

Never been stupid enough to buy any and neither were my parents either.

IOW, you never had a woman that looked after your shirts NOR could AFFORD to
keep them white yourself, you mentally challenged trolling senile asshole!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 May 2019 07:33:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Do you have any white cotton shirts etc?

Never been stupid enough to buy any and neither were my parents either.

Any stupidity is not being able to keep them white.

Only a fool is stupid enough to bother.

....says, of course, the retarded fool who is stupid enough to get out of bed
every day between 1 and 4 am in Australia, just to be able to continue with
his insipid trolling without too long a break! LOL

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 May 2019 07:34:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sorry to tell you this.

But the bloke you call Dad is not your real Dad.

Wrong, as always.

Wanna bet that even your dad, whether he was your real dad or not, thought
that you were a complete asshole, senile Rodent?

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rodent:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well the water is what transports it into the machine. My guess is that if
you take it all to bits there is significant gunge in the pipework between
drawer and drum.
It looks like some kind of growth. No idea what is in conditioner, but
maybe we have some new kind of mould that eats the stuff. I found the way
forward is to thin the softener and store the extra needed each time in
little containers and use that in the drawer and since the clean it seems to
go much longer before it is all grotted up. I don't think its got much to
do with the make, my old machine was a Service this one is a Panasonic and
the same issues prevail, thankfully getting the drawer out is easier on the
Panasonic and running brushes and chemicals to clean it all seems easier
generally if a little messy!
I would also like to know why all machines only use cold water these days.

Also who decided that everyone wants 2 million menus and no dials or
buttons all operated on a touch screen to do the washing.they obviously have
no experience of normal users.
Luckily in simple mode the Panasonic still has a program and a spin dial
with clicks.
I also use the liquid washing stuff in those bio degradable balloons
rather than powder or tablets as I make a mess with those!
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
"TMH" wrote in message
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash the
conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff formulated the question :
I don't think its got much to do with the make, my old machine was a Service
this one is a Panasonic and the same issues prevail, thankfully getting the
drawer out is easier on the Panasonic and running brushes and chemicals to
clean it all seems easier generally if a little messy!
I would also like to know why all machines only use cold water these days.

That is because they use so little water these days, that hot fill has
been found to be unnecessary. They usually waste a lot of hot water,
until the hot water gets to them, both in the pipe and time for a combi
to get hot, it is just a wasteful process with little advantage.

I sometimes boil a kettle and pour it in the dispenser, but it gunges
up much less with liquid detergents.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well the water is what transports it into the machine. My guess is that if
you take it all to bits there is significant gunge in the pipework
between drawer and drum.
It looks like some kind of growth. No idea what is in conditioner, but
maybe we have some new kind of mould that eats the stuff. I found the way
forward is to thin the softener and store the extra needed each time in
little containers and use that in the drawer and since the clean it seems
to go much longer before it is all grotted up. I don't think its got much
to do with the make, my old machine was a Service this one is a Panasonic
and the same issues prevail, thankfully getting the drawer out is easier
on the Panasonic and running brushes and chemicals to clean it all seems
easier generally if a little messy!

Dont use any conditioner at all myself.

I would also like to know why all machines only use cold water these days.

Because with low water use machines, you dont get much hot water into
the machine at all even when there is a hot water line to the machine.

Also who decided that everyone wants 2 million menus and no dials or
buttons all operated on a touch screen to do the washing.they obviously
have no experience of normal users.

I much prefer touch screens and devices that can be told
what to do using your phone or siri, alexa or google.
MUCH simpler when you use the same program most
of the time.

Luckily in simple mode the Panasonic still has a program and a spin dial
with clicks.

You dinosaur/luddite.

I also use the liquid washing stuff in those bio degradable balloons
rather than powder or tablets as I make a mess with those!

I use a liquid detergent that I put in the bottom of the drum before
I add any water or clothes. Even you should be able to manage that.

"TMH" wrote in message
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 May 2019 05:23:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I much prefer touch screens and devices that can be told
what to do using your phone or siri, alexa or google.
MUCH simpler when you use the same program most
of the time.

We KNOW about that already, you lonely psychopath with NOBODY in real life
to talk to ...other than your electronical gadgets! BG

--
Bill Wright to trolling Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

But that won't do anything to the dispensers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/05/2019 10:49, DerbyBorn wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

But that won't do anything to the dispensers.

It did on our Hoover washing machine. We'd only got it that day, ran it
on the hottest wash before using it in anger. Not only did something go
wrong, but it also proved that there was no safety cut-out, as it boiled
the water and the escaping steam softened and deformed the detergent
tray! The machine was promptly returned and a refund demanded so that we
could buy another make.

SteveW