Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Hotpoint washing machine.

On 27/05/2019 17:45, TMH wrote:
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash
the conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

Do you use concentrated fabric softener? If so I found they clog the
syphon after a while. Tried adding water after putting the conditioner
in the machine. But that didn't work too well as it it didn't mix in
the drawer. So we now keep an old bottle in which to dilute it (2 water
to 1 conditioner) ready to use.

Mind you, this is with a washing machine that's 15 years old. More
recent ones may cope better with 'gloop'.

--
Robin