Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hotpoint washing machine.

On 29/05/2019 10:49, DerbyBorn wrote:

Sometimes it's just worth doing the hottest wash possible with no
load.

But that won't do anything to the dispensers.

It did on our Hoover washing machine. We'd only got it that day, ran it
on the hottest wash before using it in anger. Not only did something go
wrong, but it also proved that there was no safety cut-out, as it boiled
the water and the escaping steam softened and deformed the detergent
tray! The machine was promptly returned and a refund demanded so that we
could buy another make.

SteveW