Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Hotpoint washing machine.

Well the water is what transports it into the machine. My guess is that if
you take it all to bits there is significant gunge in the pipework between
drawer and drum.
It looks like some kind of growth. No idea what is in conditioner, but
maybe we have some new kind of mould that eats the stuff. I found the way
forward is to thin the softener and store the extra needed each time in
little containers and use that in the drawer and since the clean it seems to
go much longer before it is all grotted up. I don't think its got much to
do with the make, my old machine was a Service this one is a Panasonic and
the same issues prevail, thankfully getting the drawer out is easier on the
Panasonic and running brushes and chemicals to clean it all seems easier
generally if a little messy!
I would also like to know why all machines only use cold water these days.

Also who decided that everyone wants 2 million menus and no dials or
buttons all operated on a touch screen to do the washing.they obviously have
no experience of normal users.
Luckily in simple mode the Panasonic still has a program and a spin dial
with clicks.
I also use the liquid washing stuff in those bio degradable balloons
rather than powder or tablets as I make a mess with those!
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
"TMH" wrote in message
I use the container cap for the wash detergent and pour the conditioner
into the dispenser tray thingy.

Washes fine, conditioner clearly gets into machine, but after the wash the
conditioner compartment is full of water.

Not a life changing problem, but annoying.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman