Nick

Default Hotpoint Washing Machine Problem

I've got a problem with my Hotpoint washing machine...it's old , so
maybe on it's last legs...

The machine is a Hotpoint Aqaurius 12000 De Luxe 9546. I've no idea
exactly how old it is (inherited !). The problem is that it sticks in
a cycle just before the rinse phase. It has emptied the drum prior to
this but just sits there.

It has two variable spin speeds (up to 800 or up to 1200 rpm)
depending on which wash program you have chosen - on the faster spin
programs when it stops, you can't advance it by clicking it on,
whereas on the slower spin programs, whilst it stops you can advance
it.

One possibly linked fault is that in the last week or so the door does
not always release ( a gentle thump allows the button to release the
catch !).

The only other three things I can think that might be relevant is that
the crease guard button doesn't illuminate the tell tale light above
it if you select (wondered from other posts if it was stuck here , and
my two year had tampered with the machine prior to it failing (all the
buttons (economy etc) selected - so he may have turned the dial the
wrong way )...and when I did advance it it seemed to take an age to
fill...I could hear water but not see much for the noise (if that
makes any sense ?)

Any help/advice much appreciated

Cheers
Nick
Suz

[...]

Sounds exactly what happened to ours. It needed the capacitor replaced.
The guy said it was the most common fault with them. Pulled off the front
panel and popped one in a one minute.

Suzanne.

M Junk

"Nick" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Are you in a hard-water area? I've had similar problem with solid build-up
in the pipes to the pressure switch, if the switch doesn't clear the program
won't advance or allow the door to be opened.

Before taking it apart to descale, you can try using descaling tablets, one
hot wash as per instructions on packet from supermarket with no clothes in
and this may cure the problem (for another 6 months!)