Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Amazon Prime grumble - next day delivery?

Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently
the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday. Just
before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen to
confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole system
no longer delivering what is promised?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Jan 2019 16:11:16 GMT, David wrote:

Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently
the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday. Just
before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen to
confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole system
no longer delivering what is promised?

Have you read all the T&Cs? I would guess that next day delivery
means the day after the item is in stock.

FWIW I don't have Amazon Prime, but do find that things arrive when
expected.

--
I am the God of Hell fire and I bring you: Brexit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently
the "next day delivery" isn't.

Twice so far this year, the same day (on a Sunday) has been for me.

The warehouse is one junction up the motorway from here, then it goes
five junctions further North to the courier's depot, before coming back
down again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently
the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday. Just
before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen to
confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole system
no longer delivering what is promised?

€śPrime€ť definitely isnt what it used to be and now the Prime tag is being
displayed next to anything with free delivery. Some, indeed many things are
still available with free next day delivery if ordered early enough but you
now need to read the delivery details very carefully to be sure of which
interpretation of €śPrime€ť youre being offered.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 January 2019 16:11:20 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently
the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday. Just
before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen to
confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole system
no longer delivering what is promised?

Most of our students get confused when amazon offer free next day delivery (sometimes to the UK) so order from a supplier in china who do next day DISPATCH so the student asking me to order it at about 4pm expect it to arrive the following morning or within 24 hours. When in relaity from china it can be upto a month.

So I'm telling them that next day delivery and next day dispatch aren't the same thing. It;s on the ordering info page they are meant to read and understand but.... they are students

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave Wrote in message:
[...]

Snowflakes.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:11:16 +0000, David wrote:

Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but
recently the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday.
Just before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen
to confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole
system no longer delivering what is promised?

Having said that, I ordered a Bluetooth keyboard slightly later than the
phone and it arrived first thing this morning.

Probably depends on how fast the supplier can get it to the carrier.

Then again, Amazon confirmed the package is with DPD this morning (Monday)
but it still isn't scheduled to arrive until Wednesday.

Shipping from elsewhere in the EU, perhaps?
No tracking information available on this delivery which is interesting.
Concealing the original source?

Cheers

Dave R

---