Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Amazon Prime grumble - next day delivery?

On Sunday, 13 January 2019 16:11:20 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently
the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday. Just
before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen to
confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole system
no longer delivering what is promised?

Most of our students get confused when amazon offer free next day delivery (sometimes to the UK) so order from a supplier in china who do next day DISPATCH so the student asking me to order it at about 4pm expect it to arrive the following morning or within 24 hours. When in relaity from china it can be upto a month.

So I'm telling them that next day delivery and next day dispatch aren't the same thing. It;s on the ordering info page they are meant to read and understand but.... they are students