Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default OT - Amazon Prime grumble - next day delivery?

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:11:16 +0000, David wrote:

Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but
recently the "next day delivery" isn't.

For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime
delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.

Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday.
Just before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen
to confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.

Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole
system no longer delivering what is promised?

Having said that, I ordered a Bluetooth keyboard slightly later than the
phone and it arrived first thing this morning.

Probably depends on how fast the supplier can get it to the carrier.

Then again, Amazon confirmed the package is with DPD this morning (Monday)
but it still isn't scheduled to arrive until Wednesday.

Shipping from elsewhere in the EU, perhaps?
No tracking information available on this delivery which is interesting.
Concealing the original source?

Cheers

Dave R

---