Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Parkside spares - Brexit rears its ugly head?

Just went looking for a spare batter for my PABH 18 Li A1 cordless SDS
drill.

The site first linked to said it wasn't servicing UK customers (bit
Ireland and elsewhere was O.K.) any more and redirected me to a German
site.

I am now terminally confused because I now can't find that site but can
find
https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=69
which lists the battery, but at £49,99.

https://www.isc-gmbh.info/isc_de_de/...g/bohrhaemmer/
battery-for-pabh-18-li-a1-1.html
lists it at 35.58 Euros (but I haven't added shipping yet).

Nope, backtracked to Einhell UK and it is no longer refusing to service UK
customers. I am now bemused because on first access I was hit with a
redirect.

Now bought it through the UK site of https://www.isc-gmbh.info for £42.90
including VAT and shipping.

A lot of money for a battery but if the supply chain is playing up then
better to get one now.

To cap it all NatWest credit cards just went south for the winter so my
first payment attempt failed.

Some days are harder work than others. :-(

Still, having more than one credit card from more than one provider does
occasionally have some advantages.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message ...

Probably nothing to do with Brexit.

In my admittedly limited experience of German Websites going back years,
despite choosing EN or clicking on the Union Jack, two layers deep
on any menu and they all revert to German.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/2/2018 5:43 PM, michael adams wrote:
"David" wrote in message ...

Probably nothing to do with Brexit.

In my admittedly limited experience of German Websites going back years,
despite choosing EN or clicking on the Union Jack, two layers deep
on any menu and they all revert to German.

michael adams

buyspares.co.uk/parkside-spares/shop.pl

any good?
fiyo.co.uk/power-tools/-parkside?device_brand=5572

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message

Probably nothing to do with Brexit.

In my admittedly limited experience of German Websites going back years,
despiteÂ* choosing EN or clicking on the Union Jack, two layers deep
on any menu and they all revert to German.

michael adams

buyspares.co.uk/parkside-spares/shop.pl

any good?
fiyo.co.uk/power-tools/-parkside?device_brand=5572

useless site, only comes up with bosch drills when you look at anything
parkside branded.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote
David wrote

In my admittedly limited experience of German Websites going back years,
despite choosing EN or clicking on the Union Jack, two layers deep on any
menu and they all revert to German.

amazon.de doesn’t.

Neither does news.individual.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 07:22:03 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

michael adams wrote
David wrote

In my admittedly limited experience of German Websites going back years,
despite choosing EN or clicking on the Union Jack, two layers deep on any
menu and they all revert to German.

amazon.de doesn¢t.

Neither does news.individual.net

He was NEITHER talking about amazon.de NOR news.individual.net, senile oaf!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 August 2018 17:04:16 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
[...]

Well that's better than Aldi - when I went looking for spares about 2 years ago the short story is they weren't gettable. Plenty of runaround but no go.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote

Well that's better than Aldi - when I went looking for spares about 2
years ago the short story is they weren't gettable. Plenty of runaround
but no go.

Spares? Nobody sell spares for anything much these days, or what few they
do are extortionate in cost.

That's bull**** with spare batterys for cordless tools.

Ryobi in fact uses the same battery config for years so
replacing the battery is trivially easy and not expensive.

Aldi isnt quite a good but so have just the batterys on special
buy periodically.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 13:16:29 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Well that's better than Aldi - when I went looking for spares about 2
years ago the short story is they weren't gettable. Plenty of runaround
but no go.

Spares? Nobody sell spares for anything much these days, or what few they
do are extortionate in cost.

That's bull**** with spare batterys for cordless tools.

Obviously NOT, going by the experiences of most posters in this thread, you
self-opinionated "argumentative asshole"!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2018 17:04, David wrote:
[...]

It's very erratic in-store. Online isn't too bad - usually.

Lidl consumables can be very expensive - 5 paper vacuum bags were not
much less than the vacuum. I had a bit of a moan at them about that, and
while I got something approaching an apology (I suggested they could
make people aware of the cost at the point of sale, and make consumables
available in the UK) I can't see it changing soon.

https://www.kompernass.com

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 06:46:15 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Anyone with even half a clue uses Chrome and
its brilliant translate function in that situation.

A senile Google ****wit! I knew it! LMAO

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

which proved impossible to do online as the help menus reverted to German as soon as
they got the chance.

Anyone with even half a clue uses Chrome and
its brilliant translate function in that situation.

I've been using Opera almost since it first appeared as it was
very fast in those days. Chrome always had a bit of reputation
of being a bit nosey on account of its being launched by Google.
Although of course nowadays the latest versions of Opera are now
based on Chrome in any case.

Funnily enough I didn't realise that Chrome offered translations
of Chinese and Japanese websites. Or maybe that's just the Australian
version which will have been tailored to your special needs.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote
Rod Speed wrote

which proved impossible to do online as the help menus reverted to
German as soon as they got the chance.

Anyone with even half a clue uses Chrome and
its brilliant translate function in that situation.

I've been using Opera almost since it first appeared as it was very fast
in those days.

Irrelevant to what makes sense today with non english language web sites.

Chrome always had a bit of reputation of being a bit nosey on account of
its being launched by Google.

Irrelevant to what makes sense today with non english language web sites.

Although of course nowadays the latest versions of Opera are now based on
Chrome in any case.

So it makes sense to use Chrome with non english language web sites.

Funnily enough I didn't realise that Chrome offered translations of
Chinese and Japanese websites.

That web site you made such a spectacular fool of yourself about isnt
either.

Or maybe that's just the Australian version which will have been tailored
to your special needs.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 19:49:58 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

FLUSH the usual senile bull****

SMART people do not use Google or any of its products! Idiots and seniles
obviously do!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Aug 2018 16:04:13 GMT, David wrote:

Just went looking for a spare batter for my PABH 18 Li A1 cordless SDS
drill.

It isn't Brexit.

A lot of the overbranded Chinese imports seem to have spares issues.
If you have the time and patience to play detective, spares can often
be tracked down, sometimes through Alibaba and using the resultant
info in a search.

Things like batteries are probably best bought in advance as every
drill on the market seems to have its own particular shape and fit,
Lidl and Aldi seem to have different drills every month or so, with a
different body shape and battery every time.

The last thing I had problems with was a Titan shredder, blades do not
seem to be available, although for some reason Screwfix .ie have them
listed at £4-00 each, but out of stock. Go to the UK webpage and
nothing.

My Aldi version which is almost identical has them listed on an Erbaur
site at over £19-00 + delivery.

19-00 for a few cm of steel seems a bit excessive and is approaching
half the cost of the original shredder, bought under a red ticket.

I would guess Tool steel and an hour or two on the grinder may be a
solution.

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

That web site you made such a spectacular fool of yourself about isnt either.

Not only did I make a spectacular fool of myself, but I admitted
as much in public.

Never mind Angus. Just so long as the though of it brought a little
ray of sunshine into that otherwise dire and miserable existence
of yours, I think I can stand the humiliation.

Tell you what, why don't you get up from your keyboard right now,
go outside, and have a bit of a run around, whooping and waving
your arms in the air.

After all its not as though there's anyone to see you, apart from
the odd passing kangeroo.

Boing, boing, boing.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Lidl and Aldi seem to have different drills every month or so, with a
different body shape and battery every time.

Usually up a few volts too. ;-)

--
*If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2018 10:08, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

which proved impossible to do online as the help menus reverted to German as soon as
they got the chance.

Anyone with even half a clue uses Chrome and
its brilliant translate function in that situation.

I've been using Opera almost since it first appeared as it was
very fast in those days. Chrome always had a bit of reputation
of being a bit nosey on account of its being launched by Google.
Although of course nowadays the latest versions of Opera are now
based on Chrome in any case.

Funnily enough I didn't realise that Chrome offered translations
of Chinese and Japanese websites. Or maybe that's just the Australian
version which will have been tailored to your special needs.

I believe edge can translate chinese and japanese I don't know about
chrome doing it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
lid says...

I believe edge can translate chinese and japanese I don't know about
chrome doing it.

Someone's been having a similar problem and seems to have
cracked it.

http://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/fo...hread.php?tid=
7025&pid=76492#pid76492

"I too found that Google translate doesn't work but if you
copy Miguel's link into a Google search then Google gives the
translation option in the search results and this works."

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com