Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Lidl Parkside spares - Brexit rears its ugly head?

On 02/08/2018 17:04, David wrote:
Just went looking for a spare batter for my PABH 18 Li A1 cordless SDS
drill.

The site first linked to said it wasn't servicing UK customers (bit
Ireland and elsewhere was O.K.) any more and redirected me to a German
site.

I am now terminally confused because I now can't find that site but can
find
https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=69
which lists the battery, but at £49,99.

https://www.isc-gmbh.info/isc_de_de/...g/bohrhaemmer/
battery-for-pabh-18-li-a1-1.html
lists it at 35.58 Euros (but I haven't added shipping yet).

Nope, backtracked to Einhell UK and it is no longer refusing to service UK
customers. I am now bemused because on first access I was hit with a
redirect.

Now bought it through the UK site of https://www.isc-gmbh.info for £42.90
including VAT and shipping.

A lot of money for a battery but if the supply chain is playing up then
better to get one now.

To cap it all NatWest credit cards just went south for the winter so my
first payment attempt failed.

Some days are harder work than others. :-(

Still, having more than one credit card from more than one provider does
occasionally have some advantages.

It's very erratic in-store. Online isn't too bad - usually.

Lidl consumables can be very expensive - 5 paper vacuum bags were not
much less than the vacuum. I had a bit of a moan at them about that, and
while I got something approaching an apology (I suggested they could
make people aware of the cost at the point of sale, and make consumables
available in the UK) I can't see it changing soon.

https://www.kompernass.com

--
Cheers, Rob