Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Lidl Parkside spares - Brexit rears its ugly head?

On 2 Aug 2018 16:04:13 GMT, David wrote:

Just went looking for a spare batter for my PABH 18 Li A1 cordless SDS
drill.

It isn't Brexit.

A lot of the overbranded Chinese imports seem to have spares issues.
If you have the time and patience to play detective, spares can often
be tracked down, sometimes through Alibaba and using the resultant
info in a search.

Things like batteries are probably best bought in advance as every
drill on the market seems to have its own particular shape and fit,
Lidl and Aldi seem to have different drills every month or so, with a
different body shape and battery every time.

The last thing I had problems with was a Titan shredder, blades do not
seem to be available, although for some reason Screwfix .ie have them
listed at £4-00 each, but out of stock. Go to the UK webpage and
nothing.

My Aldi version which is almost identical has them listed on an Erbaur
site at over £19-00 + delivery.

19-00 for a few cm of steel seems a bit excessive and is approaching
half the cost of the original shredder, bought under a red ticket.

I would guess Tool steel and an hour or two on the grinder may be a
solution.

AB