Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default extended warranties on electrical items

On Friday, 3 August 2018 15:39:12 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
If Apple fixed a design fault for everyone, not down to this UK 6 year
warranty?

Did they for everyone why shold they ?
Differtn countries have diofernt trade agreements don't they ?.

We had a simialr thing wioth the VW car emmisons but those in the states
got compensation those in the EU/UK did not.

So much for your 6 year UK warranty, then.

exactly brought in the EU under EU regs.

but then again there was NO fault was there unlike with the Apple product.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
What a con!!!!
I only insure the house and cars.

Spooky! Something that I 100% agree with Harry over
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Strange isn't it that we forget that under UK law guarantee used to be 5
to 6 years if you can prove or show the appliance was faulty when
purchased but we joined the EU and the guarantees were effectively cut
to 2 years although it was easier in that you didn't need to prove
anything.

You've had things repaired or replaced under that UK 6 year warranty?

Without taking the company to court?

A few years ago, when a work colleague had a TV fail after 3 years, the
shop and manufacturer refused to do anything. I told him to quote the
sale of goods act. The shop then insisted on an assessment by a 3rd
party, once they had that, they replaced the TV and refunded the
consultion fee.

SteveW

Extended warranties - worth it? aspasia Home Repair 32 October 4th 06 04:14 PM
warranties stevie Home Repair 16 February 18th 06 04:48 AM
Home Inspectors, Home Warranties, and Sellerr Paid Items Kyle Boatright Home Repair 3 December 14th 05 07:54 PM
Delta Warranties? Good luck... John Dill Woodworking 7 July 27th 05 11:17 AM
Supplier's Warranties sam-hood @ 1rogers.com Metalworking 1 January 13th 04 03:08 AM