Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

Default DIY?

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , TMH
writes

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

You tell em Dave. Lots of others have tried.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 23/07/2018 20:56, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , TMH
writes

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

You tell em Dave. Lots of others have tried.

I keep reacting. Thanks for the reminder not to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 20:26, TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

In Thunderbird it is trivial to make a thread vanish by hitting K
(although you have to move to another NG and back to make it disappear).
Certain posters get an automatic "K" from me. You can also set up a
killfile in most newsreaders.

Please come back, though. The number of good, genuine DIY posters is
falling off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 21:21, GB wrote:
On 23/07/2018 20:56, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , TMH
writes

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

You tell em Dave. Lots of others have tried.

I keep reacting. Thanks for the reminder not to.

Snap, it doesn't help when Huge arseholes don't put OT in the subject.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 20:26, TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

There are a handful of us still left... I just kill all the political
threads at the start or when they take a substantial turn in that
direction.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 02:34:14 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

There are a handful of us still left... I just kill all the political
threads at the start or when they take a substantial turn in that
direction.

Yup. Not in the UK, myself.

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 23/07/2018 20:26, TMH wrote:
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

There are a handful of us still left... I just kill all the political
threads at the start or when they take a substantial turn in that
direction.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

Now there is a comforting thought! We are low risk and unlikely to
challenge their convictions.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Do you not have any filter you can apply?
Its not rocket science and even in groups where their are no polly ticks,
subject drift does occur. One good thing about usenet is that its text based
and so even quite long uninteresting messages take up little room at all.
If you want to go down the route of a moderated group, those can be very
tiresome as often the people doing the moderation become power crazed and
only post stuff they agree with and often take days to let it onto the
group in any case.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"TMH" wrote in message
news

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 20:26, TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

There are a handful of us still left... I just kill all the political
threads at the start or when they take a substantial turn in that
direction.

Same here. Please try that, Dave. We miss you.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

I'd ask why you originally quit this group? Long before Brexit, which is
the main offender for being OT here.

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , news0073
@eager.cx says...

On 23/07/2018 20:26, TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

There are a handful of us still left... I just kill all the political
threads at the start or when they take a substantial turn in that
direction.

Same here. Please try that, Dave. We miss you.

+1

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , briang1
@blueyonder.co.uk says...

Do you not have any filter you can apply?
Its not rocket science and even in groups where their are no polly ticks,
subject drift does occur. One good thing about usenet is that its text based
and so even quite long uninteresting messages take up little room at all.

Like John, I skip all the political threads and if I come
across a reply where the quoted text completely fills the
screen with no sign of the start actual reply, that gets
skipped as well.

That is a problem which seems to be on the increase and is
often repeated through a sequence on 'non' replies.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

I'd ask why you originally quit this group? Long before Brexit, which is
the main offender for being OT here.

Nice one Dave.

I'll email you a link to the clear - not to say compelling - explanation
he gave; and which I very much hope you have forgotten, not deliberately
ignored.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2018 02:34, John Rumm wrote:
There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves.

Should we liven these groups up with some DIY talk ?, then they
will become plagued by homo-owners hub postings complaining
about the imminent invasion of Iraq by Blair and Co.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/18 20:26, TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

You could try revisiting on 1st April next year, but whether or not that
will turn out to be an auspicious day I really couldn't say.

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMH" wrote in message
news

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 July 2018 12:39:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We might all have to do more ourself if we can't get a little Pole in ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2018 12:59, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

if you say so

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/18 12:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe

Ah - so Switzerland isn't in Europe?

Interesting...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

Another catch phrase so beloved of Brexiteers. Brexit means brexit. We
must all pull together. No deal is better than a bad deal.

I'd say many would prefer those in charge of Brexit to apply their minds
to the problems rather than wasting time writing headlines for the gutter
press.

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

Which makes your comment even more stupid. Unless you've found the most
ginormous raft, and intend moving the UK to offshore of the US. Which I've
no doubt would suit some who don't know how the US treats such places.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

One step at a time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

Which makes your comment even more stupid. Unless you've found the most
ginormous raft, and intend moving the UK to offshore of the US. Which I've
no doubt would suit some who don't know how the US treats such places.

I invoke Godwin!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 24/07/2018 12:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"TMH" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

is leaving europe not doing it yourself?

We're not leaving Europe. We're leaving the EU.

which is europe

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia. Bizarre.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 05:53:27 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia. Bizarre.

Yep, as bizarre as your trolling in a European ng, Ozzie cretin!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 02:34:14 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

They're ruining it for everybody and just don't give a damn. And for one
reason only: they have zero respect for democracy and only contempt for
others with different views.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:51:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 02:34:14 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

They're ruining it for everybody and just don't give a damn. And for one
reason only: they have zero respect for democracy and only contempt for
others with different views.

Congratulations. You've managed a post without calling someone you
disagree with a ****.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 02:34:14 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

They're ruining it for everybody and just don't give a damn. And for one
reason only: they have zero respect for democracy and only contempt for
others with different views.

Congratulations. You've managed a post without calling someone you
disagree with a ****.

Perhaps because, like me, he doesn't consider John Rumm to be one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2018 06:43, Richard wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 02:34:14 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

They're ruining it for everybody and just don't give a damn. And for one
reason only: they have zero respect for democracy and only contempt for
others with different views.

Congratulations. You've managed a post without calling someone you
disagree with a ****.

Perhaps because, like me, he doesn't consider John Rumm to be one.

takes one to know one ....tee hee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/18 08:52, Tim Streater wrote:

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

Which makes your comment even more stupid. Unless you've found the most
ginormous raft, and intend moving the UK to offshore of the US. Which
I've
no doubt would suit some who don't know how the US treats such places.

No, it's this comment of yours which is stupid. I said we're not
leaving Europe, which we're not, so no raft is needed.

Remoaners are just thick.

They need te EU to tell them what to think.

It's that simple

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.