Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY?

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Which makes your comment even more stupid. Unless you've found the
most ginormous raft, and intend moving the UK to offshore of the US.
Which I've no doubt would suit some who don't know how the US treats
such places.

No, it's this comment of yours which is stupid. I said we're not
leaving Europe, which we're not, so no raft is needed.

The comment about us not leaving Europe the continent rather than Europe
as in the EU is so bleeding obvious to everyone - except you.

--
*Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/07/18 08:52, Tim Streater wrote:

The EU is a political entity. Europe is a geographical one.

Which makes your comment even more stupid. Unless you've found the most
ginormous raft, and intend moving the UK to offshore of the US. Which
I've
no doubt would suit some who don't know how the US treats such places.

No, it's this comment of yours which is stupid. I said we're not
leaving Europe, which we're not, so no raft is needed.

Remoaners are just thick.

They need te EU to tell them what to think.

It's that simple

Ok - smartarse. If not leaving Europe doesn't refer to the EU, explain in
detail just what it did mean?

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 08:38:43 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 25/07/2018 06:43, Richard wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 02:34:14 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

There are plenty of politics groups out there, but if they went there
they would have no one to talk to less dull than themselves. So we get
them... kind of like care in the community.

They're ruining it for everybody and just don't give a damn. And for one
reason only: they have zero respect for democracy and only contempt for
others with different views.

Congratulations. You've managed a post without calling someone you
disagree with a ****.

Perhaps because, like me, he doesn't consider John Rumm to be one.

takes one to know one ....tee hee

All for one and one for all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2018 16:10, dennis@home wrote:

He is a "sound" engineer not a "noise" engineer.
Try doing the substitution.

Ah, so. Thanks. I clicked when I should have read.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2018 22:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:51:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia!

And because we (via the BBC) pay so much license payers money
into it, that we are guaranteed a place in the final.

And still people cannot accept that the BBC have a vested
interest in staying in the EU.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/18 16:16, Robin wrote:
On 26/07/2018 16:10, dennis@home wrote:

He is a "sound" engineer not a "noise" engineer.
Try doing the substitution.

Ah, so.Â* Thanks.Â* I clicked when I should have read.

I think he is an unsound engineer

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/18 16:16, Robin wrote:
On 26/07/2018 16:10, dennis@home wrote:

He is a "sound" engineer not a "noise" engineer.
Try doing the substitution.

Ah, so.Â* Thanks.Â* I clicked when I should have read.

I think he is an unsound engineer

More use than an unsound philosopher.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2018 17:25, Andrew wrote:
On 24/07/2018 22:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:51:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia!

And because we (via the BBC) pay so much license payers money
into it, that we are guaranteed a place in the final.

And still people cannot accept that the BBC have a vested
interest in staying in the EU.

Well anyone that thinks the Eurovision song contest has anything to do
with the EU or leaving it isn't worth listening to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 20:26, TMH wrote:

Thought I'd try this group again. Waste of time.

Perhaps the group should be renamed UK Politics?

It would be a pity if you let the politics keep you out. Killfile is
your friend.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 17:25:40 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 24/07/2018 22:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:51:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia!

And because we (via the BBC) pay so much license payers money into it,
that we are guaranteed a place in the final.

And still people cannot accept that the BBC have a vested interest in
staying in the EU.

And still there are idiots who believe that the Eurovision Song Contest
is related in any way to the EU.

These are the gammons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 17:25:40 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 24/07/2018 22:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:51:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia!

And because we (via the BBC) pay so much license payers money into it,
that we are guaranteed a place in the final.

And still people cannot accept that the BBC have a vested interest in
staying in the EU.

And still there are idiots who believe that the Eurovision Song Contest
is related in any way to the EU.

These are the gammons.

For their benefit: The Eurovision Song Contest is promoted by the European
Broadcasting Union - a federatiom of broadcasters - which was created in
1950. It is headquartered in Geneva. The Song Contest started in 1956. but
the UK didn't enter until the following year. Most of the european news
pictures seen on your screen arrive courtesy of Eurovision and the former
"Jeux Sans Frontiers" was also a Eurovision event, as is the New Year's Day
concert from Vienna. ITV, STV, Ch4 and S4C as well as the BBC are also
members of the EBU.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 17:25:40 +0100, Andrew wrote:

And still people cannot accept that the BBC have a vested interest in
staying in the EU.

It's a mutual, symbiotic, parasitic relationship (and *we* are the host).