Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default DIY?

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 17:25:40 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 24/07/2018 22:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:51:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

And Israel takes part in the Eurovision song contest?

So does Australia!

And because we (via the BBC) pay so much license payers money into it,
that we are guaranteed a place in the final.

And still people cannot accept that the BBC have a vested interest in
staying in the EU.

And still there are idiots who believe that the Eurovision Song Contest
is related in any way to the EU.

These are the gammons.

For their benefit: The Eurovision Song Contest is promoted by the European
Broadcasting Union - a federatiom of broadcasters - which was created in
1950. It is headquartered in Geneva. The Song Contest started in 1956. but
the UK didn't enter until the following year. Most of the european news
pictures seen on your screen arrive courtesy of Eurovision and the former
"Jeux Sans Frontiers" was also a Eurovision event, as is the New Year's Day
concert from Vienna. ITV, STV, Ch4 and S4C as well as the BBC are also
members of the EBU.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England