Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
Asthmatics werent interesting. Gay people were.

IME any variation from the pack norm was known to everybody.

Absolutely not. ...

You think that nobody would have noticed...

Noticed what?

The bit you trimmed.

Ah. Did wonder if you'd noticed trimming a post in a certain way changes
its meaning. If so, why did you do it?

I simply removed the bit that diverged from my main point, which was
about pack behaviour.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2018 01:00, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 05/05/2018 08:20, harry wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 12:24:03 UTC+1, NightjarÂ* wrote:

Â* From that, London figures for SPM in micrograms per cubic metre a

2016 - 16
1980 - 82
1970 - 124
1960 - 167
1950 - 209
1940 - 368
1900 - 571

Very small particles are more dangerous. As from diesel engines.

85% of PM2.5 particles generated by road traffic are from non-exhaust
sources; predominantly tyre wear, road wear and the raising of dust
from the road surface. Those come from all vehicles, whatever their
motive power.

But its far from clear that there is any real health problem
from those, let alone that they are relevant for asthma.

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/asset...-final-Eng.pdf

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
Asthmatics werent interesting. Gay people were.

IME any variation from the pack norm was known to everybody.

Absolutely not. ...

You think that nobody would have noticed...

Noticed what?

The bit you trimmed.

Ah. Did wonder if you'd noticed trimming a post in a certain way changes
its meaning. If so, why did you do it?

I simply removed the bit that diverged from my main point, which was
about pack behaviour.

Which was what I was commenting on. Variations from the pack aren't known
to everyone. People have always devised ways of keeping some things secret.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 05/05/2018 08:20, harry wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 12:24:03 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
From that, London figures for SPM in micrograms per cubic metre a

2016 - 16
1980 - 82
1970 - 124
1960 - 167
1950 - 209
1940 - 368
1900 - 571

Very small particles are more dangerous. As from diesel engines.

85% of PM2.5 particles generated by road traffic are from non-exhaust
sources; predominantly tyre wear, road wear and the raising of dust from
the road surface. Those come from all vehicles, whatever their motive
power.

But its far from clear that there is any real health problem
from those, let alone that they are relevant for asthma.

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/asset...-final-Eng.pdf

That doesnt cite any rigorous scientific evidence on the question
being discussed, the health effects of the particulate matter from
vehicle tyres etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
Asthmatics werent interesting. Gay people were.

IME any variation from the pack norm was known to everybody.

Absolutely not. ...

You think that nobody would have noticed...

Noticed what?

The bit you trimmed.

Ah. Did wonder if you'd noticed trimming a post in a certain way
changes
its meaning. If so, why did you do it?

I simply removed the bit that diverged from my main point, which was
about pack behaviour.

Which was what I was commenting on. Variations from the pack aren't known
to everyone. People have always devised ways of keeping some things
secret.

Can come unstuck tho. We've just had one utter obscenity of a 'family'
who had been into the most unspeakable stuff who came completely
unstuck when one of the teachers overheard one of the kids saying to
another kid that her sister was pregnant and they couldn’t work out
which of her brothers was the father.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 4 May 2018 17:52:06 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 04/05/18 17:15, whisky-dave wrote:
That doesn't mean that no one did. I don't rememebr any kid gettign
cancer, I only knew of one girl that might have got pregnant while at
school too.

In thoise days you din't get to see the goorows.

In my prep school we had

- one mongol.
- one girl on braces and crutches from polio.
- one set of twins who were removed after one of them opened the train
door while the other was leaning out of te window... They were at an
orphanage.

In my secondary school people were expelled for t5hings..we never really
found out what.

I thought that was standard.

-
I didnlt know of anyone that got sexualy abused at school either.

It was all hushed up.

and above (another post) you said "We were ashamed of it, and we hid it. "

refering to using inhalers, so if you all hid them how would you know how many in the class needed inhalers ?

I damn near got sexually abused...as a 'pretty' boy.

DJs were trusted , so were polititains and you were meant to gpot up
to the police as they were trustworthy, every single one of them was
like Dixon of dock green weren't they.

No, they were not. My mother was extremely diubious about lett9ng me
camp fort te weekneds with the cub sciuts run by te vicar 'whoi wasn't
married'

Did that stop the rest of the group from camping ?

Hardly anyone was gay, if fact no one was gay when I was at school
although we had a few suspicaions of some teachers. Oh and don't
forget God.

Dont be silly - loads of people were gay but since it was illegal they
didnt advertise the fact.

So how would you know ? that is the point, if people hid something like ashtma or being gay you won't be able to count them.

..

I suspect one of my schoolfriends had been
abused by his elder brother and expected me to want to do the same. And
there was another guy I knew who was a Naval cadet and gay.

So how many gay footballers are there, seems to be very few compared to the genaeral average.

The earlist records of Asthma was over 4000 years ago, sure I don't
expect you to remmeber those people as they were in china. Asthma is
caused by organic material not coal dust or anything you might think
will be seen as Asthma.

Asthma is caused by many things and air polluution of any sort is a trigger.

Asthma is diffent from asbetsosis and differnt from cancer they can all affect breathing but Asthma is brought about natrual things like pollen rather than what we think of as pollution which is man made.

Some food (cheese mostly) will set me off, also tree pollen, and moulds
and fungal spores.

Yes sneezing, esys watering aka hay fever, which is differnt from polution.

despite much higher levels of pollution.

pollution doesn't cause Asthma it just makes it worse becuase if you
have polluted lungs of lead, astestos or anyhting else there more
chance yuo'll get Asthma and it'll lucky efect yuo more due to
reduced lung capacity due to pollution or just having one lung like a
girl I knew once.

You are completely wrong.

Then prove it.

https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/und...asthma/causes/

Asthma is an allergic response to anything - air pollution, chemicals
in cheese, seafoood, yeasts, mould spores, cat dander, housemite ****.

Yes all natrual substances.
air pollution man made can trigger Asthma but that is differnt from what causes it.

Poeple were dying of farmers lung years ago, or TB. They probably had
asthma. Farmers lung is a name given to a particular allergic response
to certain crop dusts - mainly moulds.

"Hypersensitivity pneumonitis

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis, formerly called extrinsic allergic
alveolitis, happens when your lungs develop an immune response €“
hypersensitivity - to something you breathe in which results in
inflammation of the lung tissue - pneumonitis."

Thse diseases are calssed as different from astham, because they dont
cause bronchospasm, but the subjective effects are broadly similar

and should NOT be confused with things like mustard gas so aren't Asthma.

Asthma existed a long time before man made pollution.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/18 11:45, whisky-dave wrote:
Dont be silly - loads of people were gay but since it was illegal they
didnt advertise the fact.

So how would you know ? that is the point, if people hid something like ashtma or being gay you won't be able to count them.

I didnt.

There are official figures. And studies.

Remember McKinsey et al?

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/05/18 09:28, Nightjar wrote:
Asthma is certainly something that I don't recall anybody I knew as a
child having, which I doubt would be the case today.

At least 4 people in my class at primary school had it and 3-4 in my
secondary school, as did I.

We didnt advertise the fact tho.

I had a cousin with asthma but that was a rarity in the 1940s.

Think it might have depended on where you live. Pollution varied greatly
across the UK.

I grew up in London.

London might be one city but there are differnt places in London.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3236611.html

However, that is applying modern standards. According to this article,
today both NOx and particulates are at a quarter of the level they were
in the 1970s:

But they aren't testing like with like, isn't this why we thought desiel was the anwser to the pollution problem in the 70s.

In the 70s in our street there were plenty of gaps between cars now there is no gaps and peole double parking. Yes cars are spewing out less visable ****, but the stuff coming out of the modern diesiels along with platiium and lots more from tires the 'pollution' is more dangerious.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...lth-emergency/

Earlier decades would also have seen significant levels of sulphur
dioxide and soot in the air.

Meaningless.

Give everyone a gun and you reduce knife crime.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/18 11:45, whisky-dave wrote:
Dont be silly - loads of people were gay but since it was illegal they
didnt advertise the fact.

So how would you know ? that is the point, if people hid something
like ashtma or being gay you won't be able to count them.

I didnt.

There are official figures. And studies.

Remember McKinsey et al?

Sorry, Not McKinsey, just Kinsey.

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 14:07:53 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/05/2018 13:33, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 12:18:02 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/05/2018 11:09, Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/18 09:28, Nightjar wrote:
Asthma is certainly something that I don't recall anybody I
knew as a child having, which I doubt would be the case
today.

At least 4 people in my class at primary school had it and 3-4
in my secondary school, as did I.

We didnt advertise the fact tho.

They tend to grow out of it. The point is, how many of the
14,500
centenarians had serious illnesses or accidents during their
lives before the nanny state NHS ?. These are the ones who
inherited a good set of genes and a fair dose of lady luck.

Isn't that the whole point?

Distorted stats yes.

They developed immunity as a result of exposure to stuff that
modern children aren't exposed to.

No they didn't or there's little proof. Few children had
serious
illnesses or accidents from the mines in later life because they
died
early and few records were kept.

Irrelevant unless you are claiming those with asthma were more
likely
die in a mine accident.

I'm claiming that those with asthma or any other such
problem might die long before they get to see a doctor
for asthma to be recorded especailly 50+ years ago.

Problem with that line is that I dont recall any kids
I knew dying at all, from anything, 50+ years ago.

Most could look back at the past to see what was killing
people, but asthma wasn't really recorded accuratly as
it wasn't really known about like it is today.

Sure, but I was saying that none I knew died,
not that it wasnt known what killed them.

So no useful data.

The useful data is that none of them died in childhood, ****wit.

that is NOT useful data ****wit.

Asking a kids how many kids have asthma in a calss and also say everyone hids the fact that the have asthma is a stupid way to count asthma sufferes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 02:58:46 UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 17:15:44 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 16:57:12 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:

For that, you would have to do your own research. It is getting too far
away from my original point, which was that I don't recall anybody I
knew as a child having asthma,

That doesn't mean that no one did.
I don't rememebr any kid gettign cancer, I only knew of one girl that might have got pregnant while at school too.
I didnlt know of anyone that got sexualy abused at school either.
DJs were trusted , so were polititains and you were meant to gpot up to the police as they were trustworthy, every single one of them was like Dixon of dock green weren't they.
Hardly anyone was gay, if fact no one was gay when I was at school although we had a few suspicaions of some teachers.

IOW it all went on just as much but stayed mostly hidden. And you saw that through the eyes of a child.

No I didn't but TNP said he saw loads of inhalers even though people were embarrsed about having them so they hid them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2018 21:59, Fredxx wrote:
On 05/05/2018 21:17, Max Demian wrote:
On 05/05/18 11:00, Max Demian wrote:
On 05/05/18 02:58, wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 17:15:44 UTC+1, whisky-daveÂ* wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 16:57:12 UTC+1, NightjarÂ* wrote:

For that, you would have to do your own research. It is getting
too far
away from my original point, which was that I don't recall
anybody I
knew as a child having asthma,

That doesn't mean that no one did.
I don't rememebr any kid gettign cancer, I only knew of one girl
that might have got pregnant while at school too.
I didnlt know of anyone that got sexualy abused at school either.
DJs were trusted , so were polititains and you were meant to gpot
up to the police as they were trustworthy, every single one of
them was like Dixon of dock green weren't they.
Hardly anyone was gay, if fact no one was gay when I was at
school although we had a few suspicaions of some teachers.

IOW it all went on just as much but stayed mostly hidden.Â* And you
saw that through the eyes of a child.

Innocence is bliss.

s/innocence/ignorance/

That isn't what I said.

So, what's the difference between ignorance and innocence?

One gets you a reduced sentence, the other gets you off.

Not if HMRC are prosecuting you for tax evasion though !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/18 11:45, whisky-dave wrote:
Dont be silly - loads of people were gay but since it was illegal they
didnt advertise the fact.
So how would you know ? that is the point, if people hid something
like ashtma or being gay you won't be able to count them.

I didnt.

There are official figures. And studies.

Remember McKinsey et al?

Sorry, Not McKinsey, just Kinsey.

"How often do you have sex with a sheep?"

(That was the preferred form of question, rather than, "Have you ever
had sex with a sheep?)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/05/2018 13:19, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 12:24:03 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
It is not very relevant if you are talking about the situation in the
1940s or 1950s.

So there's no point in comparing results then.

Minor variations across London today are trivial compared to the
differences between London today and the London of my childhood. Hence I
don't think it is unreasonable to consider London as a single entity.

I do and if yuo are in london there are places much more polutted than others.
When I'm out with a friend of mine he ends up coughing and spluttering if we are walking down a main road, so he takes the back streets.
I can all but taste the polution when walking near a busy main road.

When I were a lad, it would be very strange if you couldn't smell and
taste the traffic, even off the main roads. Some days in winter, you
could even see the pollution in the air.

Yes I reemebr smog in the early 70s didn't happen very often but I remmeber walking to school not being able to see much in front of me.

I'm also betting more people died from whichcraft in the 1600s than have today in London.

Not according to the Bills of Mortality, which do not record any that I
can see, although 'teeth and worms' was a perennial.

Why would I believe Bills of Mortality ?

Why not? They were the official records of the causes of death in the
17th and 18th centuries.

How many deaths from pollution then ?

From that, London figures for SPM in micrograms per cubic metre a

2016 - 16
1980 - 82
1970 - 124
1960 - 167
1950 - 209
1940 - 368
1900 - 571

For that, you would have to do your own research. It is getting too far
away from my original point, which was that I don't recall anybody I
knew as a child having asthma,

That doesn't mean that no one did.

I didn't say it did. I said that I doubted that would be the case today.

Yes most people today could Identify a person with asthma.
I doubt oliver twist could have pointed out someone with asthma.

Two of my classmates were, which is one reason I doubt TNP's claims that
asthmatics weren't seen because they kept their condition secret.

If they were succsessful then they wouldn;t be counted would they, like gay footballers.

The earlist records of Asthma was over 4000 years ago, sure I don't expect you to remmeber those people as they were in china.
Asthma is caused by organic material not coal dust or anything you might think will be seen as Asthma.

I wasn't aware that anybody had discovered what causes asthma.

They aren;t certain exactly what causes it but they know some of the triggers.
They don't know why some get it and others don't but that goes for other things like cancer.

despite much higher levels of pollution.

pollution doesn't cause Asthma it just makes it worse ...

Which is rather the point. It is a trigger mechanism that makes the
symptoms appear. Hence, the more pollution there is, the more likely it
is that symptoms would show.

and that is why I'm saying it is worse today because poluttion also triggers asthma. So 4000 years ago there wasn;t any coal dust to trigger asthma, there;'s wasn;t any lead, rubber, or platiium from car iether 4000 years agao, ther ewere no aircraft, no drones, no nuclear power but some peole still, got asthma.
Asthma didn't suddeny appear but more things seem to trigger it now than in the past.
Similar more things can kill you today than in the past.

Modern pollutants are increase the number of possible asthma triggers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 11:16:34 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Hardly anyone was gay, if fact no one was gay when I was at school
although we had a few suspicaions of some teachers.

Ah - right. Like some religious leaders etc saying there are no gays in
their church or whatever?

Yes if you're looking back at recorded history you have to have some understanding of those times.

Gay people don't come with it tabooed on their forehead.

Niether do those that have asthma.

And as with
everything else will simply conceal the fact if society disapproves. And
in your school, obviously rather successfully.

Schools are good at hiding what they don't want to see. So are many authoritive bodies.

Since the original Kinsey report, the percentage of homosexuals in western
society has remained pretty constant.

Has it ?

What would be interesting would be to know how many of your class at that
school were in fact gay.

and just how gay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 11:32:10 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I remeber around 1960 my sister came back from France and announced that
they had these things called 'discotheques'

"In the 1950s, dancehalls were common throughout the world. People
danced to the music of a band that usually played cover songs. On 19
October 1959, the former restaurant re-opened as a dancehall, but the
owner did not want to hire a band and used a record player instead.
Klaus Quirini, a volunteer newspaper journalist reporting on the event,
was as bored as most of the visitors and took over the record player. He
used the style common with many radio news reporters, announcing songs
and audience games and giving comments. The first song he played was the
chart hit Ein Schiff wird kommen by Lale Andersen. His style was
immediately popular, and he from then on remained the disc-jockey, one
of the earliest credited DJs. As DJ Heinrich, he organised other DJs to
found a workers' union that made DJ an official (i.e. healthcare
registered) profession."

So 1959 the first official dance to records with a compere.

That was not what I heard years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...t-superstar-dj

-----------------------------------

The term disc jockey wasn't coined until the 1930's. The World's first DJ dance party was thrown by Jimmy Savile in 1943, who played jazz records for his guests. A few years later, Savile became the first man to use turntables to keep the music in continuous play.

No, pollution *causes* asthma.

depending on what you call pollution , when did pollution first start ?

4000 years ago perhaps earlier ?

Pollen is not normally classed as polution.

As well as acting as a *trigger*. This is established medical 'fact'

But we spent more time ouside than inside tobacco smoke filled rooms then..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

No evidence of that with the tyres.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

But wood fires were even then.

As well as acting as a *trigger*. This is established medical 'fact'

But we spent more time ouside than inside tobacco smoke filled rooms
then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...pollutionwatch
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:27:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

No they weren't.

There's no evidence that man stopped burning wood because of 'pollution' before teh 20th centrury.

As well as acting as a *trigger*. This is established medical 'fact'

But we spent more time ouside than inside tobacco smoke filled rooms
then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

Just more journo waffle, not a shred of rigorous scientific evidence
of any health downsides from what comes from tyres.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Corse they were.

There's no evidence that man stopped burning wood
because of 'pollution' before teh 20th centrury.

But a wealth of evidence that that was the pollution back then.

As well as acting as a *trigger*. This is established medical 'fact'

But we spent more time ouside than inside tobacco smoke filled rooms
then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

They had the same problem with smoking no proof that it did any harm.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:13:29 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

So where is this proof ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

There was always plenty of rigorous scientific evidence with smoking.

And with asbestos too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You can still find plenty of places that use wood
fires in winter and can see the pollution that produces.

We allow what we call stubble burning and even someone as
stupid as you should be able to see the pollution that produces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gikE9kiul6M

Our abos used fire on a grand scale long
before any of you poms showed up here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-stick_farming

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketin...brands-165404/

And with asbestos too.

Only after it was found and publicised.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And the pollution causes burnt forests to regrow like they do in australia.
And the galapagos islands were made from volvanic pollution weren't they.

We allow what we call stubble burning and even someone as
stupid as you should be able to see the pollution that produces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gikE9kiul6M

Our abos used fire on a grand scale long
before any of you poms showed up here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-stick_farming

and that is all pollution is it.
**** is a pollutant yuo talk enough of it, but some **** is more than just a pollutant as it depends what you do with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
[...]

Fantasy.

And with asbestos too.

Only after it was found and publicised.

You are wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

We allow what we call stubble burning and even someone as
stupid as you should be able to see the pollution that produces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gikE9kiul6M

Our abos used fire on a grand scale long
before any of you poms showed up here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-stick_farming

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:40:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
In article ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8oRfKWJrOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyCl3BdlICY

And with asbestos too.

Only after it was found and publicised.

You are wrong, as always.

right as always, so how come asbestos was used as fake snow in the 1920-30s ?
why did they stop ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:40:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
[...]

Thats a TV ad, not a doctor prescribing, ****wit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyCl3BdlICY

Thats not a doctor prescribing either.

And with asbestos too.

Only after it was found and publicised.

You are wrong, as always.

so how come asbestos was used as fake snow in the 1920-30s ?

Because those doing that were too stupid
to know about the scientific evidence.

why did they stop ?

Because they got told about the problem, eventually.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 20:19:16 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:40:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
[...]

So why was it banned if there;s nothing wrong with it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyCl3BdlICY

Thats not a doctor prescribing either.

So, are you saying only doctors are allowed to advertise ?

And with asbestos too.

Only after it was found and publicised.

You are wrong, as always.

so how come asbestos was used as fake snow in the 1920-30s ?

Because those doing that were too stupid
to know about the scientific evidence.

So you're saying thatb the dangers weren't publicised or weren't know about ?
So what changed ?

why did they stop ?

Because they got told about the problem, eventually.

See for some education can work. Try it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 May 2018 10:03:41 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

So why was it banned if there;s nothing wrong with it ?

many things are
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 May 2018 14:04:22 UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, 11 May 2018 10:03:41 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

So why was it banned if there;s nothing wrong with it ?

many things are

And usually a reason if given evebn if it;s a fake reason such as God doesn't like it, or it's not in the bible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 20:19:16 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:40:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:11:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
[...]

Since this **** is the best you can manage, here
goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2018 12:29, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:40:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

There was always plenty of rigorous scientific evidence with smoking.

http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketin...brands-165404/

Fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8oRfKWJrOY

The Flintstones wasn't a "kids' cartoon" when it was sponsored by a
cigarette company. It was for adults at first, like The Simpsons: in the
second series (I think) they made it kid-friendly and it was sponsored
by an apple juice company I think.

And why the hell shouldn't kids have candy (sweet) cigarettes? It's
natural for kids to want to imitate adults. Even feminists haven't
stopped girls playing with baby dolls: there are realistic silicone ones
called "reborns" and ones that **** and **** (though I think the reborns
are also bought by adults who don't want the (real) mess of real babies.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2018 09:35, Nightjar wrote:

85% of PM2.5 particles generated by road traffic are from non-exhaust
sources; predominantly tyre wear, road wear and the raising of dust from
the road surface. Those come from all vehicles, whatever their motive
power. The earlier figures will include very significant levels of soot
particles from coal burning as well.

Source?

I've often been behind a diesel smoking enough to make me put the air on
recirc - most recently this evening. I've never had it from tyres or dust.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 May 2018 21:48:45 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 10/05/2018 12:29, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:40:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 17:22:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

There was always plenty of rigorous scientific evidence with smoking.

http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketin...brands-165404/

Fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8oRfKWJrOY

The Flintstones wasn't a "kids' cartoon" when it was sponsored by a
cigarette company. It was for adults at first, like The Simpsons:

which is why the simpsons is on before 8pm (in the UK) so kids don't watch it.

But southpark, family Guy , american dad.... they are more adult than the simpsons ever was.

But then again a freinds 14 y-o niece told us about

Llamas with Hats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjyH-LkEAg

in the
second series (I think) they made it kid-friendly and it was sponsored
by an apple juice company I think.

I only started watching it around 1991/2 so maybe I missed the first season.

And why the hell shouldn't kids have candy (sweet) cigarettes? It's
natural for kids to want to imitate adults.

Natural, but should you encourage it. ?

Even feminists haven't

I wouldn't put feminists at the top of the inteligence tree either.

stopped girls playing with baby dolls: there are realistic silicone ones
called "reborns" and ones that **** and **** (though I think the reborns
are also bought by adults who don't want the (real) mess of real babies.

--
Max Demian

Highly insulated homes and Asthma Andrew Gabriel UK diy 14 January 16th 15 11:44 PM
EASY MONEY 24/7. $100 to $500 per DAY at home,have payment proof [email protected] Home Ownership 0 October 30th 08 06:04 AM
What Causes Asthma? How Is Asthma Diagnosed? How Is Asthma Treated? muthuvarmadom UK diy 0 August 12th 08 01:20 PM
Asthma Samantha Booth UK diy 98 June 28th 08 09:03 AM
More than 500$ for "decent" TS? Really? was: which Table saw for $500 or less? Hedley Woodworking 30 September 8th 05 05:07 AM